Songs You've Never Heard by Oldrottenhead (remixed by Flash Harry)

Started by Oldrottenhead, July 13, 2023, 10:44:27 AM

Bluesberry

Love this mix.....and you are right..I have never heard this one before...what does it all mean? The more this goes on the more I love it......that chorus is gorgeous and melancholy....what's with the fruit juggling song...I must have missed that gem.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Love the remix - adds a bit more directness to it.

Well done, gents.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

kenny mac

Through the atmospheric wave I love how that chorus raises its head above the water.
And a catchy one at that.
Nice one james.

WarpCanada

I think sometimes we can say something best by saying the opposite of a thing;  This song succeeds in doing something by not needing to do it, and doing it anyways.

Sometimes the most personal things are the most universal, and the feelings here are close to universal, while being personal.  It feels like sometimes we want to help and we can't.

I read somewhere that someone was asked "why pray, if it changes nothing", and they answered "Why should my love be powerless?".   If it is powerless or it is not... These are questions we can't answer for sure.  But by reaching out in song this song is something that feels healing and good.  Everyone needs hope, for sure.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Bluesberry on July 16, 2023, 10:18:47 AMLove this mix.....and you are right..I have never heard this one before...what does it all mean? The more this goes on the more I love it......that chorus is gorgeous and melancholy....what's with the fruit juggling song...I must have missed that gem.
i think it's perhaps this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKv7_T4TVgU
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

Great mood, love the intensity. If you played an early Cocteau Twins 45 at 33rpm...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter