kenny mac

My goodness, this rocks the joint.
Great lyrics and vocals.
That leads excellent.
Great sounding track.
Top notch.

StephenM

Quote from: Lurker on July 16, 2023, 07:17:54 AM
Quote from: StephenM on July 13, 2023, 07:25:08 PMI think maybe the doobie brought out the Doobie Brothers sound toward the end....

This may be hard to believe, but we were both completely sober when this was recorded. Unless you count caffeine.

I believe you... but I did like the reference anyway!  This is pretty much self entertainment for me...lol!  yeah...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Such energy here! Those drums are killer, are they a plug in or real? Love the big harmonies and tongue-in-cheek lyrics. Excellent bass and guitar interplay and ripping lead work! Love the quirky vibe of this!

karl1171

No remix required, sounds just fine as it is!

Zoltan

Those guitars sound positively crispy and it sounds like you're having lots of fun. The verses are more punk -oriented whereas the choruses turn the song into power pop bliss. The countrified guitar riffing adds a touch of heehaw into the proceedings.

I don't see any reason for a remix either. It sounds crispy good as is. Only if you'd want to push it into a more pop territory you could always tame some of the wilder tones... BUT considering the lyrics and the theme of the song i'd keep it punky.

Good stuff!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

thetworegs

loving those guitars excellent performance on the vocals excellent track would be great live ....more more

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Blooby

Quote from: Zoltan on July 18, 2023, 08:32:58 AMOnly if you'd want to push it into a more pop territory you could always tame some of the wilder tones... BUT considering the lyrics and the theme of the song i'd keep it punky.

Thank you...and I heeded your advice.

Quote from: BerryPatch on July 17, 2023, 08:09:04 PMThose drums...are they a plug in or real?

Addictive Drums 2.

Thank you sincerely for listening.

Blooby

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Awesome song guys. It has such a high octane vibe, it's like a punk track mixed with a 70's heavy metal track. Brilliant lyrics haha..brilliant. Fantastic vocals and that lead guitar is so good.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.