"Unsealed" by Mike Huntingford

Started by Mike Huntingford, July 11, 2023, 10:55:47 PM

Mike Huntingford

Thank you everyone. So glad you enjoyed the tune.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

des0free

I am immediately transported into a peaceful state of mind by this. I assume this is all virtual instruments - but it is great because it sounds so real.  You have a great talent for composition, the technology (selecting great plugins), and production!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: des0free on July 14, 2023, 12:20:13 AMI am immediately transported into a peaceful state of mind by this. I assume this is all virtual instruments - but it is great because it sounds so real.  You have a great talent for composition, the technology (selecting great plugins), and production!

Thank you. Yes all sounds are generated from my various keyboards and VSTs. All recorded into Reaper as tracks. Final mixing also done in Reaper using effects from Ozone FX plug-ins. Final mastering accomplished with AVS Audio Editor. I work hard to use synthetic instruments and play them in the actual instruments range and articulations.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Mike Huntingford
Aka "Just Me"
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

WarpCanada

This is really cool. It sounds to me like you've levelled up another level in your production and arrangement/composition since the last one of yours I listened to on here.

This one vibes like some elements are from your very powerful workstation/arranger keys, and some added on top for sugar.  The mix is excellent.  The melody is cool.  Very relaxing.

The "doodoodah" parts remind me of Roland arranger keyboard doodahs, which I like.

I think you succeeded in making the instruments feel realistic and articulated, not like someone bashing "sax" and "flute" presets on a keyboard and ignoring what flutes can and can't do.

I think most listeners who haven't spent a lot of time listening to keyboard and vsts (like me) would think this one was real acoustic instruments.

Incidentally while I'm a cubase and bitwig guy mostly, I recently bought reaper and I'm amazed at what it can do.  It seems you've gotten good at the reaper thing.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: WarpCanada on July 15, 2023, 04:46:28 PMThis is really cool. It sounds to me like you've levelled up another level in your production and arrangement/composition since the last one of yours I listened to on here.

This one vibes like some elements are from your very powerful workstation/arranger keys, and some added on top for sugar.  The mix is excellent.  The melody is cool.  Very relaxing.

The "doodoodah" parts remind me of Roland arranger keyboard doodahs, which I like.

WRT the doodoodah parts, they are actually from OMNISPHERE II.  Glad you enjoyed the tune. Thanks for the kind words.

Mike

I think you succeeded in making the instruments feel realistic and articulated, not like someone bashing "sax" and "flute" presets on a keyboard and ignoring what flutes can and can't do.

I think most listeners who haven't spent a lot of time listening to keyboard and vsts (like me) would think this one was real acoustic instruments.

Incidentally while I'm a cubase and bitwig guy mostly, I recently bought reaper and I'm amazed at what it can do.  It seems you've gotten good at the reaper thing.

Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

SteveB

Not even a laptop sound system could do damage to this. Absolutely enthralling. I can imagine this track being used endlessly (subject to licensing etc), in U.S. 'rom-com' movies (when the strike's over obviously), in the part where they've inevitably split-up and then go for a walkabout singly while reflecting on what could've been - and usually is by the final credits. Excellent work. Well done.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Johnbee

Beautiful!  Lowers the blood pressure.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Pipes

Wow!

So smooth and very listenable

Nicely recorded and produced.

That Sax so saxy :)

Thanks
Nick