Collab with Kenny called Shadows Move - For the Story Festival

Started by godinqc, July 11, 2023, 07:13:39 PM

godinqc

Shadows Move
Time:
0:00
Volume:
StorySongs (banner image missing)

Here's a collab with Kenny called "Shadows Move" (for the Story Festival)

This is the first song which is part of a concept album that has the following the Story line. (Kenny came up with this great story line), I keep telling him that he should write novels  :D

The city burst into life at night.
Neon signs burst into the skyline and the reflections cut onto the concrete scarring the streets ,glistening on the wet cobbled alleyway
Corrie had just finished her shift and was taking her usual short cut back home.
Tonight, was different there was something in the air, a stillness of eerie proportions ,the silence suddenly broke and her eyes moved to the corner by the waste bins.

Shadow Moves:

[url="https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=195074;type=preview;file"]Shadows Move.mp3[/url]

You can see the rain
Wash the alleyway
You feel those shadows move.
Echoes from the walls
As your high heels click
you feel those shadows move

You can feel his eyes
Burn away your soul
you feel those shadows move.

All the walls are dark and closing
At least that's how it feels
Like some tragic horror movie
As the devils spins the reels

You can sense he's there
You can't turn around
You see his shadow move

You have tried to scream
But it won't come out.
As you see that shadow move.

Yeh all the walls are dark and closing in
At least that's how it feels
Like some tragic horror movie
As the devils spins the reels

Shhhhhhhh
You can see his cold reflection
On the cobbles on the street.
You are on the border
Of were good and Evil meet

The devils in the detail
And every move is planned

Fear creeps out to meet You
And grabs you by the hand

You try to run away
You try to run and hide
But every move is pointless
As evils by your side.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

TPB

This is smoking good guys can not wait for part two bravo gents
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

interesting and all too terrifying reality headlines... the story is captivating as is the music... and the singing....

the guitar reminds me at times of some Rush I love... the bass is really solid and adds power... the drums are very good... and drive the song along..... the lead guitar is a star here as well.  really great production... really great recording.

this theme is why I love the "Equalizer"....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Outstanding gents.......seeing a post from Godin you just know the music is gonna be awesome......and vocals from Kenny.......well........guitar solo for the ages........such a great song

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Ace production and a great story-inspired song. Excellent guitar work along with the outstanding vocals.
Ray Brookes

Mike Huntingford

I agree, from my lucky collaborations with Kenny, his lyrics are always stunning. Also, his ability to find just the right melody line with his own twist! The music composition is really great.

This song reminds me of the zombie movies (something - weeks later?) would fit fine! Nice break - interesting environmental spectacle! Comes back with brass - stunning.

Overall - a really terrific composition and collaboration.

Bravo guys!!

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Redler

Nice entry to the fest, guys! Fascinating vibe here. The spot around 3:25>>> was really fine! Looking forward the new album.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Trist

Dark and foreboding which suits the title very well, i liked the tense nature of the music and the vocal especially when opens up, cool guitar too and sound  the breakdown section is really great .nice work guys enjoyed

kenny mac

Godin is very clever in his musical approach.
I like the journey
to these tracks we do because there's a mutual respect and he takes me down a musical path I would not normally go.
His Drum programming is always spot on and complex in parts although subtle there's alot going on.
His guitar is always excellent and he always leaves plenty of scope for new additions.
I'm really looking forward to see how this full project unfolds.
Thanks for letting me join in my friend.
And thanks to all the people for the kind comments.

Farrell Jackson

This is a great series you guys are writing! Excellent music, vocals and words. I look forward to hearing the next episode!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?