I Don't Care What You Say - original by des0free

Started by des0free, July 11, 2023, 03:47:16 PM

des0free

I Don't Care What You Say - des0free original
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I just returned from a 2 week trip to England, and found a tiny song fragment I recorded before leaving, made when testing my new Gretsch semi-hollowbody electric guitar.  I picked it up yesterday and was able to crank out this song.  I usually take forever to find lyrics and chords, but here I just laid down some simple chords and quickly riffed vocal attempts while looping parts of the track, and just came up with whatever I could in ~1 minute per line, not worrying if it really made sense.  I read that the ABBA songwriters barely spoke English when writing their songs and just stuck in English words semi-randomly that fit the melody.  Or maybe I was inspired by StephenM's ability to endlessly crank out lyrics on the fly.

Tracks:
2 Electric Rhythm Guitars (Gretsch G2622T Streamliner with Broadtron pickups) into Amplitube Fender Bassman plugin, panned
1 Electric Lead Guitar (Gretch again) into Amplitube Fender Bassmann (verse) and Amplitube "Brit 8000" (chorus) plugins
1 Fender Mustang Bass into Amplitube Fender TBP-1 plugin
5 vocal tracks - CAD E100Sx mic into CLA vocals plugin
Drums - MODO Drums plugin (Studio Kit), midi patterns from Sampletank 4
Everything recorded with Tascam US-2x2HR USB interface into Reaper
Mixed and mastered using Focusrite FAST Eq, Compressor, and Limiter plugins
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

Quote from: des0free on July 11, 2023, 03:47:16 PMI read that the ABBA songwriters barely spoke English when writing their songs and just stuck in English words semi-randomly that fit the melody.  Or maybe I was inspired by StephenM's ability to endlessly crank out lyrics on the fly.

This rocks and rolls and howls at the moon.... Doug this is smokin good heavy pop rock... I really dig it... that little lead poppin in and out, I think it is a guitar sounds so 60's and even a touch psychadelic...
REally great radio number... people would be singing this one... and we would all get necks aches from head bobbing...

I think you should do this method more... a real winner here.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Oh yeahhhhhhhh...this is good..there is a real nice looseness to this ........easy feeling groove...really good song

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike Huntingford

Yu know what is so infectious about this song.... the "Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah"! Great touch and really makes the tune IMHO.

Great work of love.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

Whatever methodology you used it certainly works here and a great track is the outcome. First class production and cool instrumentation.
Ray Brookes

hardlock

Nice rocker. Dig the change up from verse to chorus. Ends quite abruptly however... ::)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Redler

Fine atmosphere here! This has many catchy elements both on lead guitar and vocals. Great job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

maxit

my goodness, that's a song that works. Infectious, an anthem, a 'silly' song that makes a lot of sense!
recorder
Audacity

Trist

very good production, like the yea yeah yeah parts makes for a cool hook,  really well made and catchy too, i liked and enjoyed

cuthbert

Great song, des - with a very strong chorus! You should continue exploring this method of songwriting, as it has worked so well here.

Thoroughly enjoyed listening!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase