Chasing Out Demons

Started by Ray Brookes, July 10, 2023, 12:54:08 AM

Mike_S

Yeah brilliant stuff, really looked forward to the bass solo as I read the comments as listening and it was as mentioned pretty damn good. Everything so good here, will get future listens from me anyway. Great song.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

des0free

I could see this as being a Peter Gabriel era genesis song.  You're giving Tony Banks a run for the money on the piano here!  I'm always an admirer of your sophisticated lyrics. And the Bass solo - now that's rare and unique and awesome!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

BerryPatch

Wonderful song Ray, those dark piano chords are so melancholic and the lyric is very thoughtful as always. I love the subtly of the arrangement here, like those jangley layers of quiet guitar. Beautiful fretless bass and harmonies too!

Blooby

A big wow and smile from me. Smart and unexpected in multiple spots, including the end. The
piano is incredible here. A lovely performance and mix.

Downloaded.

Blooby

Zoltan

We should have ditched the whole Dylan/Donovan fest thing and gone with the Ray Brookes fest instead. We have the real deal here.

Wonderful songwriting and production. A class act.

If i was to nitpick i wasn't 100% into the drum sounds. They were a bit too sterile. The sounds as is might work, but some "sweetening" might have done good. Especially those sole snare drum hits + tom tom fills.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

SteveB

Well now, even these horror-tone laptop speakers can't stop the tasty originality from percolating through. Lovely production, playing  and almost stream-of-consciousness lyrics. Very enjoyable. Well done.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Johnbee

Very deep lyrics that seem to come from a special place in the heart.  The music creates a most compelling backdrop.  I especially like how you ended it.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Farrell Jackson

A top-notch song Ray with some very fine lyric and vocals. When the drums enter it takes the production up a notch and when the solo enters it does it again! You have a lot of dynamic shifts here which gives it that professional touch. More than well done Ray!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

godinqc

Great song, I really liked the change of chords, excellent songwriting and production. Also great lyrics and vocal.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800