That River Girl and Me (Maxit & Greeny)

Started by maxit, July 06, 2023, 11:49:50 PM

maxit

Thanks friends i am happy that you like the new acoustic sound cause we re gonna push it further on. And you got me thinking about some more backvocals, that d be cool if i manage to add. Anyway im delighted about the s&g quote, and  about the renaissance i m just preparing something very unusual (on tim's shoulders as usual lol
recorder
Audacity

Mike Huntingford

OMG what a sweet song. Folksy with crystal clear guitar and vocals. Terrfic lyrics.  Loved this very much.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

That was super, that is some really lovely guitar playing (lovely sound too) and the vocals are spot on. Top drawer stuff and if you do investigate more along these lines I will look forward to that.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Nice folky finger-style guitar work and a lovely relaxing song.
Ray Brookes

maxit

Quote from: des0free on July 11, 2023, 03:44:20 PMDefinitely a different vibe than previous efforts, but every bit as good as all the others. Really great guitar playing and tone, and vocals/lyrics. How was that guitar recorded? For me this evoked Paul Simon - Ah, I see that kenny said that too.  The light backing vocal adds a lot too.
I can well say theres something different here: the acoustic guitar has been recorded in the backseats of my car lol. No its not that im a fan of teens car headrests (that gave me the idea) its just i cant make noise at home they re all studying here
recorder
Audacity

WarpCanada

I admire these lyrics and this melody so much, I wish I wrote it.

It's just quite magical, and very nearly perfect as it stands.

Well done.

There's something about your melody that feels like I've heard it before, that it was always meant to be just as it is; and that's saying something good.

Adding this to "my favorite songs ever on songcrafters" list.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada