Dust If You Must (from poem by Rose Milligan)

Started by hardlock, July 06, 2023, 03:10:34 AM

Ron D Bowes

I am always amused by the self loathing that many artists suffer from. I listen to myself in interviews and cringe while I die a thousand deaths. Some of my early work I listen to and think WTF was I thinking!! This is a cool piece of work. Never easy fitting pre written words into a song and nothing wrong with your vocal delivery. Nice atmosphere to it.

godinqc

Very nice arrangement, the vocals sound great and so does the guitar and piano.
Great job
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

des0free

Conversion of poem into song works quite well here, with some pretty sophisticated lead guitar parts in there!  Real drums I assume!  I'm interested how you came across the poem?  Did you go searching intentionally for song lyrics. I must admit that although I studied the humanities a bit more than average perhaps in the college I attended, I don't actively go to read poems too often.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Think this came out really well Ken. It was an interesting idea and worked very well. I think your vocal suits the song. it has a haunting quality that fits the idea. and you gave me the idea now of merging vocal takes... that will come in handy :)

Great stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

WarpCanada

Psychologists say we all hate the sound of our own voices.  But I think you sound great.

This song vibes hard. This poem hits different now that I'm 53.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Zoltan

I'm drinking my morning coffee and suddenly it dawned on me... Hardlock is turning into Leonard Cohen. The vocals are spot on, the guitar playing is melodic and lively. A strong story told with style.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper