Dust If You Must (from poem by Rose Milligan)

Started by hardlock, July 06, 2023, 03:10:34 AM

hardlock

Dust If You Must
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I've got this to a point that although I'm not quite happy with it, it is what it is and I don't want to lose the inspiration by messing with it too much.

I have to admit that I was leary of trying to actually sing it but found that I could hide my pitchyness with multiple layers of different takes to average it out fairly well I think (at least I can stand to listen to myself... :-[ )

Dust-much.jpg
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

thetworegs

You've done a great job on the vocal ....nice lead that piano/organ is not too shabby either and the drumming of course is on the money ...you've made me remember I'd better give the place a quick dust it hasn't been done in a while

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

TPB

Love it got that T-Rex feel especially on the vocals.
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

This came out great Hardlock. Your multi layered vocals go excellently with the cool guitar work and arrangement...well done!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Fine composition with melanchol vibe. The lead guitar additions sounds so good! Excellent job on each way!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

the physics teacher

I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Ray Brookes

Cool song, Ken. Vocals came out fine and sit nicely in the mix. I can't hear any frightful pitching problems; personally my pitch correcting software has a nervous breakdown when I put my vocals into it.

Some nice guitar work too BTW and the vibe of the song fits the melancholia of the lyrics.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

I can relate to struggling with vocals.

Good song... vocals fit the song well. 
Its cool you turned the poem into a song.

You have your own style...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

This turned out very good.......as for vocals....you did good...I always record my vocals this way....multiple takes and blend them together.....great spooky sounding deep song....well done

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pipes

Hi,

Your vocal Interpretation and story telling works well and captures the feeling of the Poem.

Love the melodic lead guitar lines..

Great
Nick