"Topiary"-Original Instrumental Song and (hopefully) Video

Started by Johnbee, July 03, 2023, 07:48:34 AM

Johnbee

Topiary 2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Something I was noodling around with in the newly commissioned EZ Keys 2 and I added a flute duet to it.  It took me a long time to come up with a title for it.  While surfing the web the other day I wandered onto some pictures of fancy hedge work and I thought "Topiary".  Perfect!  So the song is named "Topiary" and I gathered some royalty free photos of different topiary work to make a video slideshow.  Hope you enjoy the sight and sound.

:) John B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMs5SHq7x3o

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

hardlock

Love the change-up of instruments. Keeps flowing alone with a constant theme. Fine arrangement! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

StephenM

ok I can tell this is you but I would say this is different than most of the songs of yours I have heard.
The flute dances along nicely to the piano tickling...
reminds me of something my favorite band Kansas would do (they did actually use flute once or twice in songs and most of their stuff had violin on it)....
like the various instruments that pop in from time to time to that steady piano and flute...
a lovely, lovely piece here JB

The cello or the other strings keep the time very well...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

Nice instrumental.
It would make a lovely period drama theme tune.
Nice use of different instruments.

Johnbee

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is a lovely instrumental John. Great use of instruments and arrangement. I love the flute. It builds up nicely and it could definitely be used in a tv program soundtrack. Really professional job. Great video too
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Very nice instrumental, John. That flute has a beautiful singing melody and the piano, strings etc compliment it perfectly.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

I can almost hear you singing the melody with the flute an excellent arrangement....that's some fancy topiary in the video

If Life is a dream then use your imagination