Californian Ease

Started by thetworegs, July 01, 2023, 06:17:15 AM

thetworegs

California ease
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Its raining again here so no gardening today so I'm down the cellar dreaming of warmer days and messing with the guitar the wife is out so I have plenty of time. I Recieved an offer from a friend over on alonetone Reefwalker to go over to LA for a MET with Suderman and MTC and record some music while over there in a studio I've met up with Reefwalker John before when he came over to London and we got along we had done a few collaborations together on the site.
If it should all come off it will be around February March next year and hoping it will, it will be quite the experience, anyway I decided to write a song about what I thought the experience would be like....Thanks For listening
I'm going travelling to where the sunset
settles on those wine groves
I'm gonna feel the wind in my hair
as I drive along the ocean road
Feel the love from 67
floating round me in the breeze
Wear a flower in my hair
And feel some of that Californian ease 
That Californian ease

Look up to the moonlight
while out driving on that moonlight drive
Lay backed in a soft top
And Feel like I've arrived
Feel that California sunshine for the very first time
Feel the dream of the movie star
While looking up at that Hollywood sign
Feeling free
Feeling free
Feeling free

Break
I'm going travel where the sunset
settles on that wine groves
I'm gonna feel the wind in my hair
as I drive along the ocean road
Feel the love from 67
floating round me in the breeze
Wear a flower in my hair 
And feel some of that Californian ease 
That Californian ease

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ron D Bowes

NIce tinkling piano on the intro section. Top vocals delivered with some passion. Interesting inspiration for the song. Good track!

StephenM

really digging this... and it makes it that much better knowing the back story...indeed Trev anyone is fortunate to get to work with you... and I hope this comes about as you desire...

can't wait to hear the outcome..

meantime, this song shows alot of growth in your playing of piano and guitar and production.... love that lead... it's so cool

as always your vocals are supreme

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Nice one! I'm from the LA beach area and it "used" to have some "ease" but when I left in the 80's it was allready getting too chaotic for me. Do remember some nice drives along PCH however on my Harley. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

thetworegs

If your near la I'll bring my helmet I
Used to
Have a Triumph it would be better riding a bike 😂

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Great song Trevor. I love the chugging guitar and the piano. Nice lyrics for what will be a fantastic holiday and some cool collaborations. Are you taking the wife or leaving her at home to do the gardening lol.
I'd love to go to LA one day. Good luck.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Great song, Trev delivered perfectly with that full on vocal of yours. I think California would be a fantastic place to holiday and to barrel down that PCH on a Harley or a Triumph or a BSA would be a dream.
Ray Brookes

Blooby

Nice tune spawned from an interesting premise. The piano caught my ear as well.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Excellent tune...sounds like an authentic late 60s California song.......you da man...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

Yes I can feel the enthusiasm for the MET in the performance. Sounds great Trevor and I am sure you will have a great time. Very cool  8)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand