One Minute Blues

Started by SteveB, June 25, 2009, 02:48:23 PM

SteveB

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Here's literally one minute of some noodling on my BR900CD. Drums from internal player. This is my first attempt at uploading anything, If this goes wrong and everything goes dark for everyone, er, SORRY!  :'(
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Wiley

Nope didn't come up dark,  Really nice.

launched

Mighty fine first post Steve - I thought it was a very good arrangement!

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveB

Thanks Guys. I've only been here a couple of days, and already I've discovered the sheer level of talent on the Forum beggars belief. And hey, I don't mind being the butt of the old joke: 'What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?' (Well, it WAS a Drummer), but now who knows?
I've always enjoyed, 'trying' to make music, and they'll probably be nailing down the coffin lid before I stop 'trying', regardless of what takes place in between. These 'portable-studios' have opened up a whole world of possibilities for those who know they could never make music in a professional sense or level (I've heard professional musicians bemoan the fact that now 'anyone' can play music', well hard luck boys, why should the musicians union members have all the fun?!!)

Anyway, that bit of music, One Minute Blues, took roughly an hour to put together. I found a slow beat on the BR900, used my £99 ($150) no-name Strat copy to strum a few chords, noodled around the fret board for the lead, and then played the bass part on my bottom E, all using different effects patches on the 900. I topped & tailed the drum part with a an intro and ending from the 900, mixed & mastered it, and then burned a CD. It actually took me longer to upload the thing to this wonderful Forum!

I'm having some work done at my gaff at the moment, and so most of my musical equipment is back in the boxes. But I hope to contribute more when I'm dust-free again.  ;)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StevieM

Hope you're dust free soon then!!!! Longer than a minute next time?----Please???
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Frank53

I agree, good first post. Dynamite intro to a longer song. Nice tone and arrangement. Gotta go listen to your others now.

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Bluesberry

I like your style Steve, this is dripping with atmosphere, surfing blues, after the waves have died down, the bonfire on the beach has burned itself out, everybody has wandered off, all alone with nothing but this music in your head.  Very nice mood here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand