Buddy Bolden Blues , a tribut to Facemask

Started by Jean Pierre, June 28, 2023, 12:31:04 AM

Jean Pierre

bUDDY bOLDEN BLUES. RENDER MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
here's the story of the cover

In fact, at first I wanted to play a ragtime on guitar...I searched on You tube and found this song I didn't know "Buddy Bolden Blues"

I started to learn it and ...I thought of Robert Burns (facemask on SC) who excelled in this style

So I deviated in my project and made a new tribute to RB
with

- an introduction by Rob Burns
- the song (a version inspired by the excellent Hugh Laury) (with guitar, dobro, Uke bass,
  washboard and tanbourin)
- a finale with a ragtime solo chorus

I'd make a video with a montage including Robby Burns in the introduction...

For the audio montage, I've slowed down the speed of the Robby Burns excerpt a little to make it fit.

PS Rob Burns (aka Facemask) is an emblematic figure of Songcrafters.org

For newcomers who don't know him, listen to his juke box ...he had a clear, pure voice and excellent guitar playing RIP FaceMask

PS2 About Buddy Bolden :Charles Joseph "Buddy" Bolden (September 6, 1877 – November 4, 1931) was an African American cornetist who was regarded by contemporaries as a key figure in the development of a New Orleans style of ragtime music, or "jass", which later came to be known as jazz.(on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Bolden )
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

WOW!  Wonderful tribute JP...

yes sir, Rob (Facemask) is certainly missed and an iconic Songcrafter.  He was gone before I got on...

on to your recording... it is wonderful JP... everything is clear as a bell..

and your voice is lovely... wonderful

playing is very excellent.

and a music history lesson to go along with it.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Lovely stuff JP, lovely to hear this old style given new life. I find a lot of old musical styles really moving.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand