Artificial Consciousness

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, June 26, 2023, 06:33:08 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

35739_LANDR-A.C._UPDATE_6PM
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I watched a programme all about AI from the first use of it in 1951 ( which was a checkers and chess  playing program) up to the present day.

It's amazing but also quite worrying how quickly it's advancing. No doubt one day in the future AI will be smarter than us humans and then we'll end up in a world like Blade runner or the terminator. lol.

This is an instrumental based on the idea that these machines are "waking up'and becoming "aware".
for good or bad.

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

one cannot stop the inevitable because on this planet money talks... so we sing about it and ponder on it...

this is very good... the intent of the music... yes... I hear it... intentional

this is like a snake slithering into ecdysis (shedding it's old skin)... it feels like letting go of the old and into the new...
there is a smooth sadness to it... and there is a pulsing dreamlike disguise to make this appear good...
but then the laughter...tells it all...very cool track Darren

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

This sounds great via phones (massive tones btw)!! Everything has put well together, ethereal lead guitar is amazing!

Futuristic vibe on this.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Captures the theme perfectly. A well put together piece of work! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

chapperz66

Great piece, Darren. Cool synths throughout.  Spooky stuff towards the end.

Paul

Ray Brookes

Always love these soundscapes you produce, Darren. They present the best of your creativity and this one is no exception. AI is a disturbing concept and there seems to be no controlling or policing of it so God knows where it will end. Those synths sound so good and you have used a nice chordal structure to build them on. The whole track has a sinister element in line with the subject matter. Great work.
Ray Brookes

SE

Yes this is cool,loving the synths and drums, can hear a narrative vocal over this,an excellent listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Trist

AI has already taken over, just listen to the charts and watch hollyweird movies , most must be AI, i just want a clone so i can get them to go to work while i stay here and make music,
This was a excellent track Darren it really captures that awakening you spoke about in your preview, the production is great and the time length it sure gives that sense of foreboding modern genesis of something coming developing with a sense of dread t it, nicely made m8

Mike_S

Lovely piece Darren, you put those feelings to music very well. It really does feel like something enveloping or permeating something else. It does scare the shit out of me too. Sadly it seems it will control us to some level as money does indeed talk like Stephen said. Let's just pray it isn't as bad as some think it could be.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination