Losin' Streak - with Farrell Jackson, Lorne Reid and Ray Brookes

Started by Ron D Bowes, June 25, 2023, 06:17:30 AM

Ron D Bowes

Losin' Streak
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The Cuzns are Farrell Jackson, Lorne Reid and me. Anyone who is a guest artist (like Ray) becomes an honorary cuzn.

This song was originally written by me for a certain female singer. After 6 months of pain it was dead in the water and I lost all enthusiasm for the track! Ater a while I thought why waste the track. So I called in the Cuzns and this is the result. I think it's better than the first attempt ;-)

Farrell: Lyrics and vocals
Ray Brookes: Organ
Lorne Reid: Lead guitar and licks
Ron: Music, all other instruments and production

Zoltan

That's what i call a supergroup!

Ray plays mean Manzarek. Farrell sounds smooth as a mongoose. Lorne plays licks like there's no tomorrow while Ron is towering above it all like the Captain he is.

Mean and mighty. Slightly greasy, but smooth enough to be considered house broken.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

That's the goods boys.....at once modern and vintage......deadly groove and vibe......that's an incredible vocal Farrell.......smooth....smoking guitars............love the organ...that's how to do it........produced like a pro........a work of artful joy......that vocal is killer.......greasy like butterflies...Lorne is a hell of a guitar slinger...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

So good groove here!

Killer riffs and tasty keyboard tone. Great song and performance, you guys are really pro's!

Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

Neil Young on steroids..
This smokes the bees right out of their hive so the honey becomes accessible to all...
Excellent voices... i am quite fam with the Cuzns... FJ posted a number of them prev... so i hear them often... on my random play radio..
This group is super...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Wow, what an incredible blend of talent and performance! Everything about this song is outstanding!  8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is awesome guys. Definitely a supergroup. All talented and all coming together to create this great rock/blues song. It's a good job you didn't can this one Ron. I love the groove to this. all the Music is brilliant, thats some awesome guitar playing. nice addition by ray and some perfect vocals and catchy lyrics.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

StephenM

Quote from: Zoltan on June 25, 2023, 06:23:09 AMThat's what i call a supergroup!

Ray plays mean Manzarek. Farrell sounds smooth as a mongoose. Lorne plays licks like there's no tomorrow while Ron is towering above it all like the Captain he is.

Mean and mighty. Slightly greasy, but smooth enough to be considered house broken.
How does one come up with such comparison as that last sentence?  Yeah, crazy and cool...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24