Sunday Sermon (Modern Day)

Started by StephenM, June 23, 2023, 07:24:11 PM

StephenM

Sunday Sermon (Modern Day)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
More from the Jay Turser Strat that cost me 60 bucks.... I really like this guitar sound.  It ain't that good for pretty stuff though... but for rockin, oh yeah... I see why so many liked this kind of sound...

more stuff from drum practice... this one I like quite a bit...

I seem to be on a creative roll...

Spinning blades of evil friends cut your jugular throat.  As you bleed they give you a belt to use as tourniquet around your throat.  Doesn't matter if you use it, doesn't matter if you don't.  Either way your dead, at the feet of their evil hands. 
Peace and safety, haven of rest.  My soul cries out toward you above.  Don't you notice?  Can't you see?  It's high time you rescue me.  But alas, I see, I'm the same as all the rest. 
Yet I will hope in you. 
My thirsty soul needs your rest.  Waiting for the resurrection is a bitch.

2 rhythm guitar track using the ME-25
2 lead with same effects
1 Shecter bass with ME-25
Tama drums
MXL condenser mic x2 tracks. 
all recorded on the Zoom L-20.  The music was mixed on the Zoom.  The vocals were edited in Audacity and Band Lab bringing in various aspects of auto tune, reverb, delay, panning, distortion, phaser, etc....
Mastered in Audacity using Masterdesk True Peak software.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

I don't know what to say.....holy shit.......sweet mother ......sweet baby jeesus..........spontaneous combustion........deep lyrics........tight grooving drums......guitars like dive bombing kamikaze soul priests........quietly ferocious.......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

You're definitely on a creative roll. That heavy guitar melody is really catchy. You come up with some really cool backing tracks..but then you always write some bloody great lyrics too lol. And that's some really good drumming. And to top it off a blistering lead solo. I also like the stuttering effects on some of the guitar.
Awesome song Stephen. You keep getting better.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Zoltan

I don't have words for this. It's wacky in the best positive way. The playing, melodies are catchy. The lyrics have crazy hooks.

With this song we've been transported to Planet Stephen. You can visit, but the sounds will echo in your brain. Cosmic change is here. Even a man of great stature like Bluesberry is speaking in tongues and running around planting whoopee cushions.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ron D Bowes

Nice and dirty rythm guitar sound. And bizarre lyrics and nothing wrong with that! Almost Captain Beefheart vibe. Cool job.

Redler

Great sounding guitar with catchy riffs! Stephen, you're so creative musician. Really cool, stuff!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Trist

Indeed i like the guitar sound, down and dirty track, swampy and driven blues rock .

Mike_S

Those lyrics are mental. To me they are poetry, I wonder what the hell they mean and what was going through your head, but they are scary and deep too.

A great rock out too, it sure sounds like a man really enjoying himself at his craft. You're right the guitar sounds great for this. 60 bucks, come on!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Zappa is not dead I believe he's instructing you through the sermon loving that tone you have going on the guitar rocking!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SE

Chaotic,pyroclastic,fantastic, musaliclica.
recorder
Boss BR-80