The Land of the Pendulum

Started by StephenM, June 22, 2023, 04:37:53 PM

StephenM

The Land of the Pendulum
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok so lately I have been producing drum tracks off my Tama acoustic kit to use sometimes at open mics.  I just started doing this and have used several tracks now and I really like it because it seems my drumming fits me and my playing style with guitar.  It is sort of like when you sing your own backing vocals your voice fits well with your voice because it is your voice...lol..

so it seems that as a multi instrument player that I tend to be the same person on each thing I play so they seem to mesh well.  If there are other players that open mic that want to play along with me I generally do that because it is always, or usually better to play with other folks and they like to play to.  That is why they come. 

but for the times when I want to do something different or when no one shows up I have tracks like these... so today I came up with a new drum track and I decided to keep going with it... so I got out my Jay Turser pawn rescue strat and used it on 3 tracks, using my Boss ME-25 effects.  The Strat defo sounds different than any other guitar I have even with the same effects chain.  Quite different. 

The bass is the Shecter using a clean setting on the Boss.

I decided to leave the vocals as more a part of the music mix because this track seemed better that way... this thing goes in quite a few directions but it leans toward something maybe off the wall... as in PF s The Wall?  Not intentional... but as they say certain things sound a certain way....

In the land of the pendulum, which way is up and which way is down?
We're so dependent on petroleum.  The dinosaurs revenge on the beasts which caused their extinction.

Lost in a psychodesiac.  I got an eye on parallax.  No one is cutting me no slack.  Get in line for your heart attack.  Heart attack.  Heart attack. 
A waste of time, these nursing rhymes.  Just make me hungry for momma's glory.
Stop making no sense.  Stop making non sense.  Stop making cents.  Get to Work.  Get to work.
Produce...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

I love how you can just press the record button and go for it- no real structure in the song but it works and doesn't need one. Cool ! I like the Strat sound too - it goes well with the wah effect you used. Always a joy to hear your songs !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Stephen, it's cool that you've discovered how well a single coil (Strat) pickup and a wah work together. The sound cuts through the mix with ease. Another creative song from you!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

To me it is very Pink Floyd...but the early stuff....Syd era...that this brings to mind...the guitar sounds very Syd to my ears....or maybe early Stooges (the great Ron Asheton on guitar)......spooky and lovely at the same time.......it's got the juice.....squeeze that juice....it's fresh squeezed.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This sounds  like an early ziggy stardust song with mick ronson on guitar. Brilliant. The wah wah effect is cool.
Loving the drums. It's very psychedelic sounding. Great use of vocals in the mix as usual.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

I like this line from your intro... made me laugh "It is sort of like when you sing your own backing vocals your voice fits well with your voice because it is your voice...lol.."  ;D

This is great. It's mind bending and I love that kinda thing as you know!

Steve I know this is just you and how your mind operates, you are just naturally on that far out psychadelic universe, I am kinda jealous of that level of creativity. Super stuff again.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand