Best of My Love - Eagles cover by des0free

Started by des0free, June 22, 2023, 12:52:30 PM

des0free

Best of My Love (Eagles cover by des0free)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I used three different acoustic guitars, one a 12 string, to try to get a "big" guitar backing sound. The vocals were difficult to pull off, especially with all the backing parts. The lead vocal was sung by Don Henley, and he is a hard act to follow. I did the first verse as a test and thought it wasn't going to be too bad, but then as I proceeded further I found many of the other parts much harder, so it took a lot of attempts.

Tracks info:

3 tracks Acoustic Guitars (Taylor GS mini panned left, Fender 12 String panned center, Epiphone Dreadnought DR500M panned right) into AT4040 mic

3 Tracks Vocals into AT4040 mic into CLA vocals plugin

Drums, Bass, and Pedal Steel are SampleTank 3/4 plugins played via midi transcriptions

All recording with Tascam US-2x2HR USB interface into Reaper. Mixing and mastering with Focusrite FAST Eq, Compressor, and Limiter plugins.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

I think you did a great job here Doug. I really do like the Eagles. I saw a super tribute act of them locally and it showed me just how good they were vocally. Really great job with the vocals but great work on the guitars too. That is a nice little guitar collection you have by the sound of it.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

yes Doug.... fabulous job here.... I would point out something I think I knew but I really learned since I joined this site.  That is singing requires just as much work as say playing guitar... I never really approached vocals that way in my life.  In choir etc we practiced things a few times a week but to be really good at instruments we practice our butts off...

anyway... Henley was a great singer as were pretty much all the Eagles... so the job you did here is impressive.  It would sort of be like trying to cover all 3 Lynard Skynard guitarist with 1 player...
it is hard to do.

but you made a great recording.  It is crystal clear...  really nice work.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

One of your best productions isi Doug, the guitars and vocals are superb.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Pete C

That's a lovely cover Doug - great vocals and guitars and I love the pedal steel. Hearing the Eagles always brings back great memories of a special time in my life when I was 15 or 16. A classy cover !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Sounds incredible...the layering guitars sound so good...lush......Vocals are wonderful.......seriously........fantastic cover...really good production

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

Great cover so many great hits by the eagles and I know how tough it is to cover them well which you have done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

the physics teacher

Wow, that is a great piece of self crsfted music I envy you.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Zoltan

There's a great sunny feel to this song. The sounds are clear and warm sounding. The backing vocs are pure bliss. The main vocs are character filled and sound like love.

I really don't have much time for Eagles, but this cover is a goodie!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper