40 U2 Cover 1983 Fest

Started by Pete C, June 22, 2023, 12:32:07 PM

Pete C

Time:
0:00
Volume:
1983Fest (banner image missing)

I was looking forward to the 1983 Fest but struggled to find something I'd like to cover so here's a late entry - 40 from U2's 1983 album War.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

des0free

Great cover of this song! And nice song choice being one of the U2 that I have heard but is not too overplayed. Everything sounds great on this and the drums, bass, and guitars are really tight, locked together, so it sounds very pro. What did you use for drums on this?  They sound great.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Lovely job Pete, you have the U2 sound down really well here. Lovely jangling guitars. It's funny, I had the same experience with this fest. It took me a long time searching to get something that I wanted or was able to do, surprised me too. Great stuff though.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I loved that album.  I think it was a CD then but man I played that to death.  What a band!  Especially early.

Very nice cover Pete and the easier version really works.  U2 was such an intense band at that time.  This makes it so much more relaxed... very nice job.

you just made me realize how important music has been to me all my life, even when I was not playing. Now I really enjoy this site and listening to some local musicians. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

I don't know this song, but it's so cool!

Curiosity ,What do you use to make the high-pitched sounds in the finale, starting at 2'35"?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Pete C

Quote from: des0free on June 22, 2023, 12:49:34 PMWhat did you use for drums on this?  They sound great.

Its pattern number 2 on the BOSS BR800 - Rock 1 V1 at 75 bpm - all the way through with a few pauses.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Pete C

Quote from: Jean Pierre on June 23, 2023, 06:25:39 AMCuriosity ,What do you use to make the high-pitched sounds in the finale, starting at 2'35"?

J'ai utilisé ma Jaguar pour cette chanson. Je grattais les cordes entre le chevalet et le cordier avec beaucoup de réverbération et un peu d'overdrive.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Jean Pierre

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

ODH

Great vibe you got there Pete, my head was nodding along. Love the guitar sound.

I have the War album from back in the day. Can't have listened to it much, don't remember this song
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter