One Of The Family by Ray Brookes

Started by Ray Brookes, June 20, 2023, 12:42:54 AM

Pete C

I'm not the best at reviewing songs - but in short, fantastic !!

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I'm always blown away by your songs and songwriting ray.  You really should be famous, it's not right  :)
What a song from a moment of inspiration in your bathtub. It's got a slight country rock style, the strat sounds great. Love the drums from Logic. Your vocals and speed of the lyrics are impressive.
The change in tempo part near the end was awesome.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ron D Bowes

Good construction and subject matter. The soft breakdown/bridge is a ploy I often use to counterbalance the onslaught of the rest of the track, so I enjoyed that. Love the energetic ending too. Great guitar and slide work. Thumbs up! Mr B

Redler

Great story, great music! There's so much on this song; bluesy, proggy and what ever...

Many twists and turns and so well performed/produced. The outro is icing on the cake. Just brilliant!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Trist

Damn that was good Ray, it rocks love the vocal and music, you knocked this out of the park, has a bit of a nick cave style to it with its wild nature style, love the change of pace for the end, you can tell a cool song when i don't want it to end, this could of been 9 minutes long and it would of kept my attention. Great work as always