Peace Of My Mind
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Style over substance, war for the mongers, peace in the starfish
peace in my mind, peace in my mind
everything, everything is fine
peace in my mind

When I give you a peace of my mind, when I let all the anger loose, it flows into the donut hole and out from the mindless mind.   It flows in the donut hole and out from the mindless minds.  When I let all the anger loose, there's peace in the starfish.

Be nice , be a delight, don't rock the boat.
Cast your net far and wide
catch the plastic lest we all die

When I give you a peace of my heart, all you can do is fart.  But I love you anyway, after all it's something we all do anyway. 

Be nice, be a delight.  Catch the plastic lest we all die
style over substance, war for the mongers
peace in the starfish, peace in my mind.
Everything is fine

this was alot of fun right here.... I decided today that i wanted to drag out the BR1600CD and use the guitar sounds... so after playing around with a few and a bit of a practice into a newer style of progression for me.  I think though the driving force of this was the drums track that I used off the BR.... I just decided to use that and keep it instead of playing more drums on it.  My drumming is fun and coming along but I don't think I can attain to this level of driving force with my playing just yet...  but this allowed me to forge ahead with a new pattern and I really like the bass...
everything here was recorded onto the BR1600 and just using the on board stuff for bass and guitar... I think the bass setting was stadium rock but the guitars are patches that I previously edited... The vocals I used the condenser mic into my zoom board and then I made a monitor out into the BR and recorded those two tracks there... and used some delay and reverb on them with a touch of panning...
I like the vocals here too... honestly playing live alot I think I can sing better or maybe not better but certainly try and do things I never did before... however I think my lead playing is not as good... I don't practice as much and I don't solo that much live... I used to mostly solo... now I mostly play and sing at the same time... but I need to let the guitar do it's magic too...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

the physics teacher

What can y say Stephen ,this is awesome. I'm still working on such quality and complete song. But hey I'm just starting.
Very nice to listen to

Corné
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Blooby

The music has a nice "Jailbreak" vibe, which is awesome sauce. I am digging the voices popping in and out. Cool guitar tones for that Boss unit.

Blooby

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Those growls guitar melody riffs are awesome Steve. Good job you dug out that guitar pedal. The song has an infectious beat and sound. I love your vocals and the different vocal tracks you mix in. Some awesome playing that solo is smoking..and the production is really good. This is one of your best tracks I've heard..but you do so many  :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Farrell Jackson

The BR1600 gave you some cool guitar tones and sustain, I like those a lot! The vocals are busy but really kept me engaged with the song. You are doing some fine bass work, Stephen. Nice!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

A lot of great stuff going on in this super track. The guitar work is stellar as is the overall production.
Ray Brookes

Bluesberry

So great man.....tight.......it's tight ........those vocals in my right ear.....jeeesh man.......you are spooking me out big time.......I love everything about this.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Yeah i get those Jailbreak vibes from this too. Stephen is Thin, but he ain't no Lizzy (Whatever that means).

Those ticklish leads are pure Stephen. Pop rock of the purest kind. The fun factor was formed from the get go.

Now go get the Mops and a record deal.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

SE

Yes this cool,loving growling rhythm guitar allied with some cool solo work.
Excellent lyrics and delivery, a really enjoyable listen, well done.
recorder
Boss BR-80