Lady In The Mirror ( updated for 2023)

Started by Farrell Jackson, June 12, 2023, 08:35:57 AM

Mike_S

Lovely work Farrell. It's a lovely fresh sound, but yes at the same time it harks back to that magic age of music in the 70's... timeless I guess? Super song and I love the lazy chilled riffing on the rhythm guitar. Great tune brother.

Love those evocative lyrics too... they paint a hell of a picture.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Mike_S on June 15, 2023, 03:55:56 PMLovely work Farrell. It's a lovely fresh sound, but yes at the same time it harks back to that magic age of music in the 70's... timeless I guess? Super song and I love the lazy chilled riffing on the rhythm guitar. Great tune brother.
Love those evocative lyrics too... they paint a hell of a picture.
Mike

Mike - I played the acoustic rhythm/picking with my fingers (no pick). I just let my right hand move freely above the strings.
Thanks Mike and all! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Blooby

I love it when I can't place influences, especially in the verses. Loads of aural goodies in there on which to focus (that intermittent Hammond was a treat).

Probably in the minority here, but I find the panning of the acoustic a bit distracting to the detriment of other elements.

Hell of a good post. 

Blooby

des0free

A tasty chill song with excellent playing and singing and production all around. Nice to hear your original "solo artist" songs!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ron D Bowes

Always rated this track. Nice clean mix here cuz. Nice to revisit these things sometimes innit?

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Fabulous song. One of the best I've heard in a while. It has a timeless quality to it. I get the Pink Floyd sound with this. It's brilliantly done. Really well played and produced. I love the percussion , organs and the guitars. Such a pro sound to it. The vocals / lyrics are really great.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.