Lady In The Mirror ( updated for 2023)

Started by Farrell Jackson, June 12, 2023, 08:35:57 AM

Farrell Jackson

lady in the mirror 48hz stereo 24 bit pcm 192
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a larger production of my original demo, LITLR version. I started with the live version as the base and added a doubled lead vocal, harmony/backing vocals, egg shakers, bass, a harmony lead solo and lead fills. I used my 1979 Takamine acoustic (mic'ed), Squire Jazz Bass direct, and Gibson SG Tribute with P90s into a Fender Tremolux amp. This updated version has my friends Kevin M. on drums/percussion and Al H. on piano, organ and handling the mixing/mastering.

Lady In The Mirror

(V1) The night it was a dark one
Considering the moon's fullness
I was held in fascination
At the power of illumination

That's when you revealed yourself
Your smile was so infectious
Turning my world upside down
With your sweet alluring sound

(Chr) Lady in the mirror
Looking at the man in the room
I'm being drawn nearer
I feel I'm being consumed
With the lady in the mirror

(V2) I'm out here wondering
What you're in there thinking
Am I to believe?
That you can reach out and touch me?

The night air is so crisp
With the smell of sweet, sweet  incense
It sustains my tomorrow
Knowing all along time is borrowed

(Chorus)

(Brdg) You seem to know that I'm here
Watching every move, every stare
You appear so majestically
An apparition for all eternity

(Repeat Chr 2x)

Farrell Jackson © 5-18-15
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

what kind of a goody do we have here?  Well, the music reminds me a ton of CSN&Y... it's a wonderful folky, rock, psychadelic vibe...

very different output than I have heard from you and colaborators in the past Farrell...

love the guitar work as well... almost goes Pink Floyd, in spots...

man this is some good stuff brother...
the vocals and lyrics are fascinating as well..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

So much goodness in this song I hardly know what to compliment first.  Guitar work, vocals, lyrics and overall production.  I enjoyed this very much.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: StephenM on June 12, 2023, 12:48:50 PMvery different output than I have heard from you and colaborators in the past Farrell...

Thanks Stephen and John! Stephen, this is the stuff I come up with when I'm not tied to an internet band and I'm able to concentrate on playing my own songs and instruments, lol.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

As John says above, so much great material in this track, Farrell. Stunning guitar work and such a professional sounding production. The mix is lovely and spacious without any clutter and tasteful instrumentation. All this topped with great vocal work. Enjoyed a lot.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

Loving the acoustic the rattlesnake percussion and the touch of organ then the guitars come in you've created quite the vibe for the vocal excellent track

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on June 12, 2023, 06:53:05 PM
Quote from: StephenM on June 12, 2023, 12:48:50 PMvery different output than I have heard from you and colaborators in the past Farrell...

Thanks Stephen and John! Stephen, this is the stuff I come up with when I'm not tied to an internet band and I'm able to concentrate on playing my own songs and instruments, lol.

Everything I ever heard attached to your name is really really good... I gotta think though that being free of stuff that holds you back or into a certain box is going to be great for you... I am going through a bit of redirection right now myself... I would love to have a band but as lovely as it can be also a major pain in the arse...

listening to this again... really love the organ too... this is a great song...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Can never wrong with a egg shaker LOL I used a easter egg loaded with rice when I recorded the twins doing the song first time. Everything on this song is tight as a ducks butt out standing brother and Bravo to all involved
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

godinqc

I agree with Stephen, it has a mix of Pink Floyd and CSNY vibe .. really good song ..
Great vocals, lyrics and guitar playing..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Totally different as I expected! Very nicely written song around the acoustic guitar and then added tasty flavors on it! I got PF vibes on places.

Excellent work by all of you!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR