The Hope

Started by StephenM, June 11, 2023, 07:46:38 PM

StephenM

The Hope
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The Hope....

I forgot to turn on phantom power to the upper condensers for the drums... so this is kick, snare and toms plus whatever bled through..

kind of a soul cleansing... Not a valid attachment ID.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

Soul cleansing. As always, I love your process.

I'm working on a song right now – I've got my riffs and chords, but only a couple of ideas for lyrics.

Part of me wants to try to sit down with the scant lyrical ideas I have and ad lib my way through the rest of it – see what happens. I think that's what you did here. Am I wrong?

That final chord is interesting. It sounds like the song will modulate and introduce a new section. But instead it just... ends. We don't hear what happens next. Fitting.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on June 12, 2023, 02:39:52 AMSoul cleansing. As always, I love your process.

I'm working on a song right now – I've got my riffs and chords, but only a couple of ideas for lyrics.

Part of me wants to try to sit down with the scant lyrical ideas I have and ad lib my way through the rest of it – see what happens. I think that's what you did here. Am I wrong?

That final chord is interesting. It sounds like the song will modulate and introduce a new section. But instead it just... ends. We don't hear what happens next. Fitting.

yes Ted, they are pretty much ad libed which I had a completely different idea but it seemed to go this way... sometimes though I use the ad lib idea and then cut out parts and redo them until they are more cohesive... this is a bit too much here... but sometimes I just roll that way.
thanks for listening.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

Cool rocker, Stephen! Listening to the drum work, especially and it's so good (Im still beginner).
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Great rocker. Kind of like Neil Young in his rockier moments, with just hints of that trademark psychadelic edge. Cool Steve  8)

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand