mental health day

Started by StephenM, June 11, 2023, 03:51:46 PM

StephenM

mental health day
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hmmmmm.... a very weird day... because I just decided to make it that way... really no different than any sunday morning but... my mind decided it was going to be different...

and i harmed no one...but I recognized that the surroundings weren't working for me at the moment so I decided to removed myself from them...

so some people were scratching their heads and wondered where did I go.????

Love comes with pain.  Love comes with sacrifice. 

it's not always easy.mental health day.mp3Not a valid attachment ID.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

des0free

Sweet!  You are mega rocking out here, and I have no doubts that must be theraputic.  I think that's something a lot of people don't get - we guitar players sometimes need to disappear and just noodle on our guitars so that we don't lose our minds. It's how we cope. Great guitar playing, tone and mix too!  Is that the Digitech Trio band, or you on all the instruments?   
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Love the bass groove you got there. This sounds like it was cathartic.

Did you do the bass or the guitar first?

You do the shit I should be doing. Lay down a groove and just go with it – let it be what it is.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: des0free on June 11, 2023, 09:31:52 PMSweet!  You are mega rocking out here, and I have no doubts that must be theraputic.  I think that's something a lot of people don't get - we guitar players sometimes need to disappear and just noodle on our guitars so that we don't lose our minds. It's how we cope. Great guitar playing, tone and mix too!  Is that the Digitech Trio band, or you on all the instruments?   

you got it Doug... the Digitech trio band.  indeed...
thanks for listening

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on June 12, 2023, 02:45:26 AMLove the bass groove you got there. This sounds like it was cathartic.

Did you do the bass or the guitar first?

You do the shit I should be doing. Lay down a groove and just go with it – let it be what it is.

Actually this was all done at the same time as I was playing along to the Trio... and in this case it is all one track centered..... so I could do nothing with the mix as is...except eq stuff etc...
On this particular one this is bass that was produced (and drums) by my digitech trio.... I play chords into it and it makes me stuff to play with... in this case this was some backing that I use on big ole jetairliner...

if you read this earlier, I got a little confused as to what I was talking about...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Farrell Jackson

This is a very cool jam Stephen! It sounds like you are letting all that craziness out of your head and having fun doing it, lol. Your guitar skills are getting better all the time. The Trio is doing it's job well. I have one for jamming also but haven't messed with it much. As you mentioned it doesn't allow you to do post recording mixing, which is a shame because it would be great to have that feature at your finger tips. Well done on the guitar!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on June 12, 2023, 09:59:56 AMOne of these doohickeys? Cool!

what I like alot about this is how easy it is to use... some other loopers etc I have used you have to be precise on when you stomp the switch etc otherwise the time will be off... this is far more intuitive to me... for example, lets say you are going to play a 3 or 4 chord progression into the gadget to get it to make a bass and drum line for you.  Once it is armed, it will start recording when you start strumming away... the loop feature is quite easy to use as well... you can build up to 5 separate song parts and sequence them in any order, including reusing them.  The songs can be very long as well...
the one drawback I guess is that the device only allows 12 songs per micro sd card.  There doesn't seem to be a way to copy or back up the card so you would need different micro sd cards to build a library for live playing....
It is quite pricey but it is a great tool for practice and even for songwriting and playing live.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

thetworegs

Sounds like you found your release Steve

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Johnbee

Just another great songwriting jam day at the StevenM house.

;)  :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!