A Tapestry Of Lies by Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 11, 2023, 11:19:52 AM

Oldrottenhead

A Tapestry Of Lies
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewsFest (banner image missing)

I got a new twelve string during the week https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_rb_612cs_classic_series.htm?glp=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw4ZWkBhA4EiwAVJXwqXrBBe7lMaZ1_pBUagh0_fveRBuMyS4lasmS82IO8GfSzW6dUEAhzBoCNLoQAvD_BwE and it's proving difficult to tame. my thumbstrumbing punk technique and the fact that i can't hold a plectrum to save myself are the main issues. however i love the bugger and will persevere. This is the first one on it, inspired by the departure of BJ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65863267 so one for the newsfest and hopefully the orange one over the water has his just desserts coming soon too.

A broken man's anthem,
A tapestry of lies,
He danced with the demons,
And paid the price,
Oh the fall from grace
Of a soul laid bare
Not finding sympathy
Anywhere
The whispers grew louder
The truth unveiled
Out in the open
For all to see
No smoke and mirrors
The image has gone
The truth revealed
For all to see
His constant companions
Not regret nor remorse
But blame and spite
And curse them all
Blinded by ambition
He danced on the edge
As his empire
Slipped away
The whispers grew louder
The truth unveiled
Out in the open
For all to see
No smoke and mirrors
The image has gone
The truth revealed
For all to see
A broken man's anthem,
A tapestry of lies,
He danced with the demons,
And paid the price
a Tapestry Of Lies
W/M
by
Oldrottenhead
Garageband drums
HB Bass Guitar
HB 12 String Guitar
Iphone Soft Synths
and
Vocals
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Lurker

The twelve string is low in the mix and provides a haunting atmospheric to the piece. I love the dalliance with dissonance as we head into the chorus. The bass really drives this number.

These lyrics could apply to many political downfalls. 

thetworegs

I like the whispered performance of the lyrics like it's an open secret but not everyone knows... love that bass and the twelve adding to that secret atmosphere

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

the physics teacher

Thats a nice sounding chord progression James.
I love the chord on the ninth sentence "the whispers grew louder".
What is it an aug or dim chord or what?

Gr Corné
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

the physics teacher

Thats a nice sounding chord progression James.
I love the chord on the ninth sentence "the whispers grew louder".
What is it an aug or dim chord or what?

Gr Corné
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Oldrottenhead

chord.jpgnot sure what its called.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

the physics teacher

Ok, but anyway it has a nice fit in the progression.

StephenM

yeah, it sounds a bit questioning... a bit like uncovering a conspiracy... a bit like a movie track...

very moving and emotive.. captivating... I had to turn it up... and up... and up...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Redler

Congrats for the new guitar, sounds great!

Fine job and that bass is super cool!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR