Bit of a find in the attic

Started by Mike_S, June 10, 2023, 01:56:06 PM

Mike_S

Had a bit of a lucky find in my mothers house the other day. I was getting broadband installed as i might have to spend more time there to give her help here and there, but as I was there for a couple of hours with nothing to do I thought I would go and have a look upstairs in the attic and see what the hell was in there.

I came across a bag of movie posters. Years ago my Dad had a friend who was able to get him the original posters from a lot of the movies that showed in the local cinema. So there was maybe 20 or so posters... The Towering Inferno, The Deer Hunter, Fist of Fury II and lots more but I couldn't believe it when I saw the poster for the original Star Wars Movie.

Took it home and showed my daughter - a big Star Wars fan - we opened it out and just kinda stared at it for a while in awe. It's beautiful, in pretty good nick and definitely worth some money. It's the poster from the first run of the movie, so before they put pictures of the academy awards on it, etc. It's a lovely poster though, we may just frame it and put it on the wall.

Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

That's a great find! :) Be really careful with it. It can be way more valuable than you might think...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

T.C. Elliott

My father was a projectionist at the local (small town) theatres back home. I remember seeing Star Wars on its second run in the theatres. Saw Time Bandits and even saw Rocky Horror (though it's probably a good thing my mother wasn't aware of that fact at the time.) I don't think he even thought about grabbing any posters.

Great find, looks great, brings back memories of my own.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

cuthbert

That's a great find - congrats! Sometimes attics do have hidden treasures...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Farrell Jackson

A real treasure of a find Mike! It has to be worth a good sum...but it would look good on your wall also!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

Very cool old movie posters framed up always look good in the studio
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away