Dark Star ( instrumental)

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, June 04, 2023, 08:29:47 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

dark star update MARCH 20TH
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just an instrumental this time from myself.
I started off with the drum beat and came up with the idea for the synths and build on it. wasn't sure where i was going with it, but it seemed to suit an electro -instrumental style. added some lead guitar with effects in the break. The sound quality could be better.
Thanks for listening  :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Always love these soundscapes you produce, Darren. That underlying riff works so well and that break at around 1:20 is very effective as is the key-change when the riff re-enters. Production is first class and perfect for a TV theme.
Ray Brookes

Pete C

Great instrumental track...I'm a sucker for those old style synth sounds ! Like Ray said it would be great as a TV theme !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

Makes me want to get up and March around my street.......all purposeful like........trench coat on.....hat pulled down over my face.........meaning business.....get the hell out of my way world........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

karl1171

I particularly like the middle section with the guitar. Reminds me of the first System 7 album (before they went a bit too dancey...)

thetworegs

I'm marching with Dave...hat pulled down tight... excellent track

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 05, 2023, 06:44:26 PMMakes me want to get up and March around my street.......all purposeful like........trench coat on.....hat pulled down over my face.........meaning business.....get the hell out of my way world........

I could hear this on screens everywhere... wicked goodness man... wicked... but right is Dave... marching music... purpose music.... music that drives you... drives you... drives you to do things that might be dangerous... but you don't care because you are purpose driven and nothing can stop you...

that is what I hear here.... here here... hear here... here here......

awesome work Darren... love it.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

godinqc

Great instrumental, this would fit well in a TV show ..
Great track ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Redler

Really massive sounds here and catchy basic riff! This has a bit tecno vibes and it would work on movie soundtrack. Fine job!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Japanese B film chase scene music (think six inch twins on back seat of sports car).

Cool tones in here. Held my interest to the point where it flew by.

Blooby