Driving into Night

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, June 03, 2023, 08:04:02 AM

Driving into Night - 03_06_2023, 14.37
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, a little while ago I watched a documentary on the great American depression where farmers were left with nothing except perhaps a car and enough petrol to get them out of the dust bowl. I really felt for them and the animals they had which were just skin and bone. Anyway an idea for a song.
Hope you enjoy.   Willie

Fender Jazzmaster, Fender Precision. Drums BR800.

We started driving such a time ago
The sun is going down yeah It sinks so low
Two people here with no place to go
So I'm turning on the lights
And driving into night

All we ever had has disappeared
And all that we have left is love
And no matter how I prayed to god above
And driving into night

Slow down, slow down
Ain't no hurry here
No place to go
And all night to get there

Instrumental

She rests her head on my shoulder
How did it ever come to this
I feel the night is getting colder
And driving into night

Outro

recorder
Boss BR-800

Pete C

Another great song Willie and interesting to hear the story that gave you the inspiration to write it.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Great song willie..it's a sad idea for the song but it makes for an interesting one. always love the guitar tones you get. great music, love the solo and your vocals are really nice.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

Quote from: Pete C on June 03, 2023, 11:39:40 PMAnother great song Willie and interesting to hear the story that gave you the inspiration to write it.

Pete

You are on top form here. This is magic. Just rolls along so effortlessly, Great vibe and yes, great how you formed that idea into a track.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

yeah, I am with Mike S.... this is big... and bold.
a great story that i can tell from your voice you were totally into the vibe of this one... it sounds real and from the heart.

a great story, that is good to tell... and to remind us, when we think we got it bad...

but the awesome part of this is in a way, it is a good ending because she has her head on his shoulder... and they aren't great, but they are ok and have each other... I also like that!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner