Reverie (256 w mids) by Lurker & Blooby
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Another transmogrified instrumental.

Peace.

Blooby

Farrell Jackson

First off, thumbs up on the drumming and bass. The guitar tone is a tad more distorted than your latest normal sound, which I like. The short backwards guitar segment was cool! The searing main guitar solo is tops. I like how Luker's vocal starts out mellow and then kicks up toward the end of the song. Another skillfully executed song!

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

SE

Spacey recording, that's some  cool guitar and vocals, great arrangement too, very imaginative, cool stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Lurker

Here are the lyrics:

Walking
Along a winding path
Barefoot on the grass
Gently raining

Droplets
Streaming down my face
My chilled body quakes
I'm smiling

The cold
Doesn't bother me
In my reverie
Nothing finds me

This night
I've been warmed within
Sharing passions with
My new love

Morning
Raindrops on the green
Washing me clean
Heading home

Working
I'll think of last night
Badly sleep deprived
But smiling

StephenM

Listening to this I was trying to find reasons to like this.  I really don't... stay with me here.

I thought I sort of recognized it... yes. The instrumental...

But here is the kicker... after listening to this for at least 30 minutes straight, I decided I needed more information.  So I started playing down your list... When I got back to "Hand In Glove" a light went on. 
This really works as a follow on to that song.  Intended or not its obvious...

I do like the drums, and the bass as Farrell mentioned, and the reverse guitar, and guitars.  Its quite proggy...

The singing is mellow and subdued and so oppo of Lurkers last... but thats what makes this work for me.. listening to these tracks back to back... this one then makes more sense to me...

Lyrically I was trying to figure out if the writer was conveying being washed clean in the rain because of being dirty from the activity of the previous nights stated passion or needing a sort of soul cleansing from doing something wrong...

In truth, as far as I am concerned you two bring out the best (or perhaps worst) in each other..
Its an amazing duo...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

Quote from: StephenM on June 01, 2023, 12:44:23 PMLyrically I was trying to figure out if the writer was conveying being washed clean in the rain

You would have to ask John, but I assume this lyric exists because he is foul in both mind and body.

Mike_S

I just zoned out to this. it's fabulous. really more than anything the vibe gets me. the recording is brilliant, dunno how you do it everything beautifully spaced out.

++SUPERB++
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hooper

I think this sounds pretty experimental but not careless, and it keeps me interested to hear what will come next. Lots of interesting guitar work to appreciate here and nicely done. And I looked up the meaning of the word transmogrified so thanks, that's the first new thing I've leaned today.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

karl1171

Really good, I can hear shades of Page and Hendrix... reminds me of somebody else too but can't put my finger on it...

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is an awesome song..it has a 60's psychedelic feel to it. love the feel to it and the music is bloody great..the guitar solos are really impressive.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.