The Legend of Dickie-berg (Newsfest)

Started by Bluesberry, May 26, 2023, 06:00:08 PM

thetworegs

Excellent production.... nothing more than Dickie deserves....that bass pumps away deep surrounded by that lovely organ :o

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

What a wonderful composition from such a decent man! It's the mark of a decent man that you're able to sing about these kinds of topics and make it sound like sunday school. Even the nuns would like this.

A bonafide 70s hit single. That's what this is. It just a few decades late for it to get on the top of the list.

If this was a single release you could have used this slogan to sell it: don't be a dick, buy it.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Hilary

I've just Googled Dickie Berg Dildo - his name's Ken Pretty - there are photos - it's a Pretty Dickie Berg.

We don't have such things around our way - well not that I can recall :D

What a splendid addition to the fest.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Farrell Jackson

This is a monster of a song and subject! I like the way the production reaches to the sky. There are a lot of proggy elements that draw some real attention. Ok, enough jousting about, lol. A very good song, lyrics, vocals, and instrumentation, Bluesberry! The guitar solo and the chords movement at the outro are an excellent way to wrap this one up. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

des0free

Great massive sounding guitars on this and very good vocal and production. The lead guitar especially nicely cuts though the mix just right. Also like the alternation between acoustic and electric rhythm guitars. Nice mellotron part by Keith too! Hilarious lyrics!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Very fine proggy number with unbelieveable story. I'm liking the chord progression...

Excellent performance and production!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Thanks everyone...it's amazing when inspiration grabs you and you go with it...that's the best thing about songwriting for me...that flow state when you are inside the bubble so to speak.....I wanted to do something from the news...but everything is so damn depressing right now........and I was searching the web...and this story appeared.....and I thought, bloody hell I must turn that into a song.....but I wasn't sure if I could do it up right...then the inspiration took hold and away I went........probably one of the funnest things I have written and recorded......and I am pleased how it turned out......the original idea I had in my head was "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" if you can imagine.....that was what I was thinking about when I set off on my journey....thanks Dickie-Berg for the big inspiration ...hahaha

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 19, 2023, 10:13:48 AMThanks everyone...it's amazing when inspiration grabs you and you go with it...that's the best thing about songwriting for me...that flow state when you are inside the bubble so to speak.....I wanted to do something from the news...but everything is so damn depressing right now........and I was searching the web...and this story appeared.....and I thought, bloody hell I must turn that into a song.....but I wasn't sure if I could do it up right...then the inspiration took hold and away I went........probably one of the funnest things I have written and recorded......and I am pleased how it turned out......the original idea I had in my head was "The Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" if you can imagine.....that was what I was thinking about when I set off on my journey....thanks Dickie-Berg for the big inspiration ...hahaha

The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald!  The Legend of Dickie Berg!  The Canadiens sure can muster up some interesting songs from interesting stories.  As much as I enjoyed Gordon Lightfoot over the years now I can connect into the legendary Bluesberry....
Indeed it is so much better on the site when you are writing and posting.... much better and very very interesting and excellent music too.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: Ted on May 28, 2023, 07:23:46 AM;D I really like your organ! And those Joyo pedals sound great too!

oh geesh!  I just saw that one!!! ha!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Quote from: StephenM on June 20, 2023, 10:32:27 AM
Quote from: Ted on May 28, 2023, 07:23:46 AM;D I really like your organ! And those Joyo pedals sound great too!

oh geesh!  I just saw that one!!! ha!
That's what she said........lol

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand