Time:
0:00
Volume:
A little melodrama in 3/4.  Enjoy!
I made it clear.  I won't play games with you
I need to know if it's right
Sweet loving words don't tell the truth anymore
You cannot hide what you feel
"Be optimistic" everyone tells me.  She wouldn't lie. We all know.
But I must protect my heart from abuses
I need more proof than a word.

Send me a sign. Something so bright and clear
I don't have time or patience to play games
Something's so wrong. We seem to be far away
from all the love we shared only yesterday
Will we ever never get it back?

Like it or not, we need to face the truth
What once was so warm is now cold
There was a time when we were inseparable
Now we just go our own ways
It's such a crisis.  I never see you happy to be in my life
You seem to need more than I can give you.
Are we both living a lie?

I don't have time or patience to play games
We're not where we were when we were so deep in love
A different world we're no longer a part of
Can we ever never get it back?

I'll never know why you've grown far away
I just don't have such insight
You have to tell me in not too many words what I've done wrong
Can it be right?

I don't have time or patience to play games.

c 2023  John Bowen Music

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ella

Beautiful! So many sounds, beats and rhythms and You handle it perfectly. I like. %)! 

StephenM

It's like a wandering river turning and twisting along a grassy meadow with mountains off in the background.  The butterflies flit around the edge of the water and seemingly dance in the air around and above the river.  The birds are singing along, the wolf comes for a drink and the sounds calm his hungry soul.  He lies down, next to a rabbit and they stare at each other nose to nose for an hour while the sounds settle into their minds.  They don't know what it is but it has taken away the hostility, and the fear.  The wolf is satisfied in a way he never has been before and the rabbit's eyes fall with love on the wolf for the first time.  Meanwhile the elk come and so do the bear.  All is well in nature and everything is loving and kind.  That is what this song reminds me of... what I think as I hear it...

I heard this a number of times earlier.  The music defies the lyrics and makes the song a joy.  So the confrontation becomes peaceful and the discouragement melts into love again.

It's a wonderful singing and playing... superbly put together.  Very high level thought process involvement... well done sir!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Thanks so much, Ella.
Steve-As I said in your song post, you have a very vivid imagination for not only musical ideas but song reviews too.

Thanks so much. ;)

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Bluesberry

Quote from: StephenM on May 26, 2023, 04:14:40 PMIt's like a wandering river turning and twisting along a grassy meadow with mountains off in the background.  The butterflies flit around the edge of the water and seemingly dance in the air around and above the river.  The birds are singing along, the wolf comes for a drink and the sounds calm his hungry soul.  He lies down, next to a rabbit and they stare at each other nose to nose for an hour while the sounds settle into their minds.  They don't know what it is but it has taken away the hostility, and the fear.  The wolf is satisfied in a way he never has been before and the rabbit's eyes fall with love on the wolf for the first time.  Meanwhile the elk come and so do the bear.  All is well in nature and everything is loving and kind.  That is what this song reminds me of... what I think as I hear it...

I heard this a number of times earlier.  The music defies the lyrics and makes the song a joy.  So the confrontation becomes peaceful and the discouragement melts into love again.

It's a wonderful singing and playing... superbly put together.  Very high level thought process involvement... well done sir!
what he said......really wonderful feeling on this song...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

kenny mac

As usual your lyrics paint a great story in the imagination.
Nice piano work.
The music is lovely, that flute was a suprise.
The drums seem busy at the start but fit well.
Cellos and strings stab in and out.
A great post.
Well done

chapperz66

Absolutely beautiful, John.  Fantastic chordal structure and the lyrics are so poignant - and tragically accurate.

Paul

Hook

Rock solid production. You tell some serious thoughts and time went into the production and it really pays off. Well done brother!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ray Brookes

Always enjoy listening to your music, John. Excellent instrumentation and first class production.
Ray Brookes

SE

Cool,with excellent melodramatic lyrics,loving the flute and bass,great production and performance.
Is anyone going to Stephen M comments to music?
recorder
Boss BR-80