Let It Go

Started by Mike_S, May 25, 2023, 01:58:53 AM

Mike_S

Let_It_Go
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one took a good bit of time... playing the guitar parts right took time and then daughter is home for good from uni which means I don't have a recording space to myself all the time - small house.

Been meaning to do a song about social anxiety for a while but never had any lyrics. A few words came on a walk (as usual), recorded the basic idea in iphone and then started putting it together.

A good bit going on

3 x rhythm guitar parts - strat
1 bass part - HB Bass
drums - garageband
1 vocal
guitar solo - strat going through Boss SY-200
weird rhythm pulse effect - strat going through Boss SY-200

These feelings keep coming
Can't stop em but you tried
Well watcha gonna do
Gonna stay inside?

There's a hole in your mind
That you can't hide
You can't get out
Cause it's 2 miles deep and 2 miles wide

You gotta let it go

—————

These thoughts keep on coming
But you can't keep them at bay
You can't do... you can't do anything
It's just another day

And there's a break in the clouds
But you can't get through
You say you just need time
But then you stick to the path
Like you always do

You gotta let it go

You gotta let it go

—————

Break

—————

There's a hole in your mind
That you can't hide
You can't get out
Cause it's 2 miles deep and 2 miles wide

You gotta let it go

You gotta let it go

You gotta let it go
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

That's cool Mike really  enjoyed the  vibe, excellent lyrics, vocal and guitar, cool effects on the solo sounded almost in reverse at one point, Beatles sound.
Great  stuff 👏
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ron D Bowes

Cool vibe with a darkness to it (Very dark lead solo). Big wide sound too. Vocal delivery suits the track well. Nicely done!

StephenM

I suppose your music could sometimes be dark, but for me it never is... like pretty much all your music this  rocks to the moon and back... I never noticed this before but your guitar work reminds me a bit of Chrissie Hynde's Pretenders stuff... and I really love that... there is very little music I ever heard that sounds like you Mike.... to be original is hard to do...

but you have a way of phrasing the lyrics into the vocals that I really love... and the way you put together the beat...it's heavy as heck but great.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

So cool, Mike.  Love that guitar solo.  Vocal to die for.

Paul

Ted

So thick and so clear!

I love the way the verse teases like it's going to go into a chorus – a modulation, a B section, or some kind of release – but that throbbing one-chord groove is like a powerful current that pulls you back in.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Farrell Jackson

I dig the layering of the guitars! Excellent words and vocals Mike...it's reminiscent of Diesel Saloon's work, cool! The guitar solo is out of this world...nice work!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

So much cool stuff going on in this track. Those layered guitars and the overall sinister vibe of the production. Then that weird solo that seems to grab you by the throat along with the driving beat of the rhythm section. Love it.
Ray Brookes

Johnbee

That guitar solo!!  Smokin'!

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

hooper

Great vibe! Reminds me of the kind of early psychedelic stuff that was evolving out of California surf music in the mid-to-late '60s.
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE