Who have you seen play live recently?

Started by T.C. Elliott, May 22, 2023, 07:18:15 AM

T.C. Elliott

Doesn't matter how big or small the artist, let us know who you've seen lately (especially if it was a good show.)
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

T.C. Elliott

We saw Molly Tuttle and Golden Highway last night here in Columbia, Missouri. Great show. I highly recommend checking them out. Phoebe Hunt opened and it was a cool experience. She's a fiddle player who accompanied herself. Not an easy task. But she make it look easier than it is. (She's pictured here in the back jamming on the encore.)

Molly Tuttle 2023.05.21.JPG
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Blooby

I am definitely passing up a lot of shows these past years, some because of price but mostly because a day off from everything sounds better. Having said that, I did see Tommy Emmanuel, Greg Koch, and a good national Allman Brothers tribute act locally. I am leaning toward getting tickets for the Tedeschi Trucks Band for a show around the corner. Also thinking of seeing Gov't Mule in Macon as they are covering Dark Side of the Moon on this tour.

Blooby

T.C. Elliott

I'd love to see Tommy Emmanuel. Gov't Mule played south of here recently but I was still wrapped up in classes and couldn't attend. I would have liked to see Warren Haynes play.

We also saw Diesel Island in St. Louis this past Friday evening. It's a classic country tribute band that has Brian Henneman and (usually) Mark Ortmann of the Bottle Rockets (although it's a rotating cast of players.) John Horton was sitting in (formerly of the Bottle Rockets and currently touring with Son Volt.) Great show. It's amazing how much more I like the classic country sound the older I get.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

des0free

- America

- "Cream of Clapton" - Eric Clapton Cover Band, and three members of Eric Clapton's own band (famous "hired guns") sat in with them for a one-time only special gig:
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=33681.0
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

I saw a double bill of the dream syndicate and the rain parade recently but only saw the rain parade as they were on first, I'm afraid the auchentoshan was flowing and I fell asleep before the dream syndicate hit the stage. Oh dear.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on May 23, 2023, 01:02:08 PMI saw a double bill of the dream syndicate and the rain parade recently but only saw the rain parade as they were on first...

I would love to have seen that show. I saw the Dream Syndicate way back in the 'Days of Wine and Roses' days in a small club in Boston, but I have yet to see the Rain Parade.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

I went to see the Counterfeit Stones, a band that has been going for about 30 years. Great fun, great music and the vocalist could be Mick Jagger. Give them a look if they appear near you.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800