LP jam

Started by godinqc, May 21, 2023, 10:31:30 AM

godinqc

LP Jam
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I recently rented an Epiphone Les Paul for a week to try it out ..
I'm kinda looking to add to my collection of 3 guitars  ;D 
The one I rented was a 50's Standard Epiphone Les Paul, I really liked the guitar and tone of the Humbuckers but I found the neck a bit too big for me, I might try a Epiphone LP 60's Standard or a Classic later, the neck is apparently a bit smaller.. while at the store I also tried a PRS SE 245 and Godin Radiator, I also really liked those 2 guitars .. so it will be an ongoing process to narrow it down to a winner.

This is a quick instrumental that I recorded while trying out the Les Paul guitar

Have a great day
Michel
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

Great tone on that LP. Those Humbuckers sound nice and warm. Cool instrumental too BTW with nice chord changes and melodies.
Ray Brookes

Zoltan

Sounds great! And it also sounds like you're way wiser than me :) I  always tend to just buy guitars without even trying them once...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

Sounds great to me Michel. If it was just down to tone then this is a great guitar for you, you getting massive tones here. Great bit of playing and a cracking little instrumental.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

So you have a unique ability to take sounds that are heard throughout rock music and weave them into arrangements in such a way that you sound absolutely different... I think that is amazing... I am 90% sure I could pick you out of a lineup of 10 artists or even 100, though that would get monotonous...

this is great... I think even better than anything I have heard of yours yet... it is massive... and that guitar sounds amazing... I love it...glad we got to hear something from it before you took it back...

I understand you have to get something you love... but man do I love the sounds you coaxed out of this... one could argue that some of it is the effects, and that is true, however, I would point out that likely you haven't changed that much from what you normally do... so the guitar is a massive factor... it really brings out your wonderful playing...

I look forward to hearing what you do with the new ones... but... I will use this is a reference of standard going forward in listening to your sounds... WOW MAN!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

Sixties Les Pauls were known for their slimmer necks so I might start the search there.

Lordy, some beefy tones in this. Tasty playing to boot. There is one chord change that caught me out in a good way. Cool.

Blooby

thetworegs

Buy iT! If you can make sounds with it like this... Buy it!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

godinqc

Thanks .. yes I really like the tone of those Humbuckers .. will probably try a 60's LP next or a Classic .. but I also really liked the PRS .. Will keep you posted ..
Have a good evening
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Sounds wonderful, cool stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

cuthbert

Very interesting composition! Sweet tone from that Les Paul, with some excellent playing.

I'm a recent convert to LP guitars myself - rock machines that sustain for miles!

Good luck in your search.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase