Follow Your Dreams - Poco/J. Messina cover by des0free

Started by des0free, May 19, 2023, 04:17:30 PM

des0free

Follow Your Dreams (Poco-J Messina cover by des0free)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is by Jim Messina, famed for Buffalo Springfield, Poco, Loggins & Messina, and as a solo artist. First released in a 1989 Poco album, my version follows that on Messina's "Watching the River Run (Revisited) album (2005). I posted a live solo acoustic version of this a few years ago, but I like my performances on this better.

Tracks:
- 2 Acoustic Rhythm Guitars (panned) - Taylor GS mini recorded with AT4040 mic
- 2 Electric Guitars (lick) - Fender Mustang P90 into Amplitube 5 Fender Super Reverb amp plugin
- 3 Vocals - AT4040 mic into CLA vocals plugin
- Drums, Bass, and some Electric Guitar riffs played via midi transcriptions using Sampletank 3
- Picked Acoustic Guitar (arpeggios and solo) played via midi transcriptions using IK Multimedia "American Acoustic" plugin
- All recordings with Tascam US-2x2HR USB interface, mixed and mastered using Waves plugins in Reaper
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

very pro sounding stuff here Doug.... thanks for showing what you did as well... excellent job on this... and I have been on the site about 3 months shy of 3 years and your recordings have gotten better and better and better (imo)...

singing is lovely here and all the instrumentation is well played and mixed very well...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Farrell Jackson

Those two panned Taylor GS mini tracks sound great! They might be set back in the mix, but they add a lot to the song. Your vocals are excellent Doug. Overall, this is a cool mix and a cool listen.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand