Getting my old piano tuned today

Started by Geir, June 25, 2009, 04:39:00 AM

Geir

Sitting here, listening to the sounds of a piano coming back to key ..... ahhhh .. never thought I'd enjoy listening to someone tuning an instrument, but it really is a pleasure listening to when the one who does it really knows what he's doing!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SdC

...just in time for one more NY cover....

recorder
Boss BR-600

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Quote from: Geir on June 25, 2009, 08:06:04 AM
Quote from: SdC on June 25, 2009, 05:11:14 AM...just in time for one more NY cover....
any suggestions ?

After the Goldrush - as it's supposed to be done!

Geir

Are you trying to kill me Tim? :) Had a go at it .. well the piano I almost managed to get right  ..... then I tried the vox ... :-\  I discovered that a week in bed doesn't exactly expand your vocal range  ::) ... I'll try again after some vocal exercises or some magical fluidum of some sort  8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SdC

Quote from: Greeny on June 25, 2009, 08:41:41 AMAfter the Goldrush - as it's supposed to be done!
The whole After the Goldrush album is full of great piano songs. Would love to hear "birds" or "till the morning comes", for instance.

recorder
Boss BR-600

guitarron

Quote from: Geir on June 25, 2009, 04:39:00 AMSitting here, listening to the sounds of a piano coming back to key ..... ahhhh .. never thought I'd enjoy listening to someone tuning an instrument, but it really is a pleasure listening to when the one who does it really knows what he's doing!!
ot
when i was a kid i tuned my parent's player piano with a guitar tuner-picking-yes picking- each string individually and tuning with a drum key and a pair of vice grips
tedious but it worked
repressed memory alert

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

you must redo the song you did for your sons conformation.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 26, 2009, 06:47:24 AMyou must redo the song you did for your sons conformation.
Maybe I will :) But right now I have no voice left after my stab at "Birds" yesterday.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann