What's the big idea? (the devil's toupee)

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, May 09, 2023, 06:48:36 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

big idea SC MIX
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I originally planned to post this song for the news fest , but as Keith doesn't have a profile I couldn't ( I never knew the rules )
Anyway i think once you listen you'll understand what it's about.

What's The Big Idea?   

They're landing on our beaches
Who knows how far their reach is
An army full of broken souls
And all they do to fool us
One day they'll over-rule us
All men and under twenty five

Aaaaaah........What's the big idea?

Iraq, Iran
Romania, Afghanistan
Polish, Lithuanian..welcome

India, nepal
Pakistan and senegal
All Europeans , come one come all
Welcome.

No way you're bona-fide
When you throw away your ID
Along with all your drugs and knives
There's no way to stop 'em
More rubber boats just drop 'em
The cost to us...£7 million a day

(INST BREAK)

Hahahahaha........What's the big idea?
Hahahahaha........Now we live in fear
What's... the... big... idea?

Lyrics: Kallen2023
Music darrenG/Kallen 2023
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Stellar creativity in this arrangement, Darren and epic production. Those drums are awesome along with the instrumentation and Keith's vocal work. Another masterpiece from you guys.

Lyrically I am in total agreement with Keith's sentiments here. We have similar problems down here but not so intensive as the UK. Personally I think it is a total disgrace what is happening - all these free-loaders lobbing up from just about every shit-hole imaginable. It makes you wonder where it will end.
Ray Brookes

Bluesberry

This is an awesome song....the production is so good........sounds wonderful...a masterclass in song production......that chorus is so good........unexpected change in feeling and then back to the original feel....love it.....every time the chorus comes in it is spellbinding........so good

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

What a full sound. A great song, those drums are great. Brilliant guitar work. Cracking stuff. Yes so this is the big topic of our times along with gender identity. Frankly the world seems like it's out of control to me and sadly there are no sensible solutions coming anytime soon so it seems. But the song... damn chaps this is another for your growing collection of great tunes.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Man, you are churning out some great stuff and pretty darn fast too... that is some real talent.. not only in songwriting but in production... the drums remind me of some of the great Genesis songs from the 80's that were smash hits over here.
I actually am getting quite attached to this voice as well... this is very pro Darren... very pro... a little Floydish as well when that guitar comes in... all in all a big WINNER!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Powerful .....loving the aaah's ....the big idea ...works ...Keith's got a great approach with the vocal ...loving those guitars excellent track

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Trist

Very inventive track guys, its excellent musically and vocally , love the dark energy of the track, the song structure is compelling  . really nice work . i look forward to hearing more.

Thanks Darren for the reviews on mine by the way, i never know to comment on all but its always appreciated.

Pipes

Great separation on the recording and dig those drums (drumming drama).

Full of energy in a negative World.

Great Ideas that are big:)

Grand
Nick