STREETS OF LONDON, Cover Ralph Mc Tell, VIDEO

Started by Jean Pierre, May 07, 2023, 11:14:49 PM

Jean Pierre

STREETS OF LONDON
Time:
0:00
Volume:
it is obviously a very beautiful song, taken again a multitude of times, also on SC (It gave me the opportunity to listen again to Rob's version (Facemask), but also to Pete I and Steve G)
It describes the beggars, tramps, homeless, that we unfortunately see in all the cities of the world , including the most western ones (Ralph Mc Tell initially wanted to call his song Streets of Paris)

But he also describes the loneliness and isolation of some people in the big cities

This song is also one of those that introduced me to finguer picking

a little story:

I went once to London in the 70's (a beautiful city and I saw among other things the Jesus Christ super star show)
One evening I went to a concert (free, magnificent, baroque music) in St Martin in the Field. After the concert, my wife went straight back to the hotel, and I wanted to walk alone, at night, in the streets and I had this strange feeling of loneliness, a stranger in the city, not speaking English...really a strange feeling

thanks guys for listening
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Jean Pierre

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

TPB

some really nice finger picking brother Rob introduced me to Mc Tell and I always loved his covers and you have done this one great justice
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

projet creole belle audio
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Thank you Tim

I didn't know (on SC of course) Facemask (Rob) but I listened to a lot of his productions (on SC) and I even made a (posthumous) song with him by playing on one of his videos
he plays the first part in picking and I follow with the second part with guitar and vocals...but you had seen it because you had commented on it..I put it back here for the new ones on SC

The video has unfortunately disappeared in the wreckage of my initial You tube channel...I will try to find it

Blooby

You have a gentle nature to your voice. It really drives home the melancholy.

Beautiful cover.

Blooby