The Songbird-Original Instrumental

Started by Johnbee, May 05, 2023, 06:21:04 AM

Johnbee

The Songbird 2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I posted this in 2020 but I'm posting it again because I want to show off a new sample library I just got called "Light as a Flautist" by Straight Ahead Samples".  It is a flute library featuring both C Concert flutes and Alto flutes.  I wanted to play around with the program and wanted to use it in a song without waiting for inspiration to strike for a new one so this one was perfect because it features a flute duet. SA has a new type of sampling technology which really makes for realism.  I also have the tenor sax library from them which I used in the previous song I posted.  They have Real Time mode which gives a kind of lackluster sound that you can make sound real if you take enough time and effort with the MIDI and mod wheel of your keyboard controller, but the magic is in the Smart Delay.  The way they describe it is they sample a sound 9 times in 9 different ways and if you use the Smart Delay, which requires you to move the MIDI clip back 4 beats, the program picks the best and most realistic one for the song.  The thing is though, it's kind of tricky to use that way.  I have to play out the part in Real time and then move it back one bar to hear the magic. But it's so neat.
So I hope you enjoy "The Songbird"

Info on Straight Ahead Samples  https://www.straightaheadsamples.com/

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ella

Beautiful composition and flute sounds so real. I can almost hear you breathing.

StephenM

this is breathtakingly lovely... very enjoyable... a very relaxing piece and well played... isn't it fun to have things to play with?  Experimentation is generally a good thing...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

chapperz66

Very cool, John.  I shall check out Strightahead - I hope it won't get too expensive!

I've been meaning to ask - what piano do you use?

Paul

Johnbee

Quote from: Ella on May 05, 2023, 11:35:43 AMBeautiful composition and flute sounds so real. I can almost hear you breathing.

Thanks Ella!  The breath sound is built into the sample.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

Johnbee

Quote from: StephenM on May 05, 2023, 07:56:36 PMthis is breathtakingly lovely... very enjoyable... a very relaxing piece and well played... isn't it fun to have things to play with?  Experimentation is generally a good thing...

Thanks Steve.  Yes, it is fun to play with these kinds of toys (once you can figure them out). ;)

-Duke Ellington

Johnbee

Quote from: chapperz66 on May 05, 2023, 11:31:46 PMVery cool, John.  I shall check out Strightahead - I hope it won't get too expensive!

I've been meaning to ask - what piano do you use?

Paul

Thanks Paul.  Very affordable.  Most are $129.00.  I think the Atomic Band is more.  Piano is Toontrack EZ Keys Studio Grand.  Next week they will release EZ Keys 2 (finally).  There's a new piano sample I can't wait to play around with.

-Duke Ellington

Ray Brookes

WOW! That flute sounds so real and I'd dare even a flautist to spot the difference. The articulations and phrasing is exceptional, John coupled with a very nice composition, especially with those jazzy chords (13ths, 9ths, 11ths and demented 4ths or whatever) Excellent work.
Ray Brookes

Johnbee

Quote from: Ray Brookes on May 07, 2023, 08:28:45 PMWOW! That flute sounds so real and I'd dare even a flautist to spot the difference. The articulations and phrasing is exceptional, John coupled with a very nice composition, especially with those jazzy chords (13ths, 9ths, 11ths and demented 4ths or whatever) Excellent work.

Thanks so much, Ray!

-Duke Ellington

karl1171

As everyone else said, Nice Flute... I'm loving the bass though!