Futile

Started by Pipes, May 04, 2023, 02:32:36 PM

Pipes

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Futile..

We have all been there...

Direct Tanglewood Acoustic (4tracks) and various aid patches... 2 vocal tracks. All recorded on my ever faithful BR900 CD...don't know any other way.

chapperz66

Really cool song, Nick.  I almost missed this. 

Paul

StephenM

Hey, those old Boss decks can do some brilliant stuff and so why not stay with what works for you?  I have a 1600CD.  I don't generally record on it anymore because my upgraded computers don't like communicating with it for file transfer.  I guess the new computers are quite snobbish... I tell you what though, I want to have someone see if they can put in a USB port that I can dump the files to a thumb drive and then I would use it.  I do use it still for guitar sounds and bass effects etc... and then I send the analog signal out to my other deck..

forget all that man.

the various aid patches sound great I love the guitar sound... perfect example of what I was talking about.  There aren't many folks on the planet that sing like you Nick.... I really love your voice especially in the softer sections... reminds me of the wonderful singing from the 60's and early 70's when people were very good singers... I like many singing styles but there are some that are superior... this is one of those .... of course all these things are just my opinion. 
Also interesting is the way you reach for big things in voice inflection and subtle and major changes ... and you deliver the goods...
nice song

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

This is progtastic, cool as you like, well done.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, love that opening guitar riff then the way the song progresses is first class. Excellent production & arranging. Amazing vocal work and nothing futile about this little gem.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

wow this sounds brilliant..that acoustic melody is mesmerising too. Its really relaxing to listen to.
Great performance and the recording sounds really clear.
Amazing vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

T.C. Elliott

Ah, yeah, I'm digging the guitar line, the repetition is almost trance like in places. And the title is simple but works very effectively in the vocal. Digging it.

re: BR-900CD. Exactly what I use. I record on the 900, transfer wav files to reaper and mix from there (usually.) I actually purchased a used Zoom R24 like two years ago. But I've only used it enough to make sure it worked properly, at least parts of it. I intend to spend a week or two this summer just using it and learning the darned thing. We'll see how that goes. That trusty 900 is hard to beat. I regularly get compliments on guitar tones I get from that thing.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Redler

Agree with TC of trance comparison. Simple guitar riff and your voice makes it. Brilliant!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

I almost missed this one too, a great recording! I as well love your vocals Nick, great guitar playing too
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover