Hubbard’s Cupboard - Greeny & Kenneth

Started by Kenneth, May 02, 2023, 09:18:18 AM

Kenneth

Hubbard's Cupboard_Ken and Greeny
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I sent Tim the track and title, hoping for a song dealing with important subject matter... that of cults that harm people.
Ron L Hubbard is just one of the many who began something nasty that ruined families and lives. I've done a fair amount of research on how all these groups work and they are very similar.
Smart people get involved, it doesn't matter how intelligent you are. If you are at a vulnerable time in your life, the chances are even greater, as they offer community, compassion and support.
Steven Hassan has s great book called, " Combatting Cult Mind Control ".

Thanks Tim for creating this song with me.

Lyrics and vocals by Greeny:

.    there's a disease in hubbard's cupboard
there's a disease that takes hold good
a hook and line to reel your brain in
then leave you standing in a deep, dark wood
you have to follow each instruction
stay on the path that he specifies

but I'm not buying what you're selling
I want to keep control of my own mind
I'm not buying what you're selling
door to door with your crazy eyes
icy eyes

there's a cult in hubbard's cupboard
there's a cult that can't take a joke
if you leave they'll put a law suit on you
get in your lungs like some acrid smoke
you have to follow each instruction
you have to pay him what you owe
he has a palace that you constructed
gold and marble from your hard earned dough

but I'm not buying what you're selling
I want to keep control of my own mind
I'm not buying what you're selling
door to door with your crazy eyes
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Redler

I never heard about Ron L Hubbard so I had to read a wikipedia article of him at first...

Fine backer, Ken! It has almost a scary vibe! Greeny's lyric fits well on it. Bravo guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

L Ron Hubbard is the founder of Scientology... Tom Cruise belongs to it, as well as many celebs... more power to them man... to me it looks like a pyramid scheme.. but I try and stay away from campaigns..  it seems pretty enticing to many folks.. kind of religion.. probably really self worship..

what do I know... one of the weirdest  people I ever met, J Roger Sweet, in the Navy, but I really liked him introduced me to Frank Zappa and L Ron Hubbard and scientology... I never got in to the latter... but I did dig Zappa...lol

we are all kind of sheep... and will follow what ever shepherd we like their voice...but I am done with my thoughts on this now... because they don't really matter...

but the song sounds amazing...this is fabulous... dark, steamy... movie stuff... I dig it... this is the kind of track they play at the end of movies like Moby's track that was used in The Bourne series... I would stay after the movie just to hear it...dig the vocals...dig the music...dig the vibe... it's mass ive.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

This is damn spooky sounding.....dance music for grooving spooks......a dark night of the soul slam dance party........wild stuff gents

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Yes, this is pretty deep, love the music and great lyric/vocal presentation!

Maybe slightly off topic but reminds me of the many times someone tried to sell me powdered healthy/rejuvinating/energetic shake mix (Same shit different label). And after the presentation all I can say is "I thought we were friends".
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

chapperz66

This is disturbing - but brilliant.  Really fine song about an important subject.

I have been a bit of a sci fi fan on and off for many years and I picked up a Hubbard book once many years ago.  I can't remember anything about it or even its title.  I do remember thinking it was pretty rubbish.  I had heard of Scientology but it was much later I read of his involvement.  It seems incredible to me that someone can be taken seriously as a founder of a religion  when he couldn't even write a decent story.

Maybe it's just me.

But this is a good song.

Farrell Jackson

Hubbard's Cupboard is a dark and deep subject. I never been much of a follower but some people are easily influenced by promises of a better life. Great lyrics and vocals, Tim. Kenneth, the music creates a sinister vibe which is right on the money. Nice work guys! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 02, 2023, 07:46:16 PM.dance music for grooving spooks

the whole comment was so brill.. but I especially liked this part...

back for another listen to this spooky greatness...

what a great track... I think Peter Gabriel might dig this one too... I dig the whole vibe.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Brilliant stuff lads. This really is massive. Crazy good chorus, those synths sounds bloody magic. Yes, so sad some people are taken in often when they are at their weakest. Great tune.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand