Sins Of The Father

Started by Bluesberry, April 28, 2023, 05:54:09 PM

StephenM

In all my years listening to songs and bands I have never heard anything like this.  Totally original!!!!  Lots of wow moments... Lots of surprises!  I'm guessing retirement is going to allow us all to hear more tracks in this vein.  Totally awesome..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Quite a bit to listen to here.  All very nice.  Pro sounding fade out but I think this song calls for a more structured ending. To just fade out doesn't do it justice, IMHO.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

cuthbert

I meant to comment earlier - it was a busy one for me last week.

Lots to unpack here, but it is solidly prog and truly epic in scope. Fantastic instrumentation - I love the bass, guitars, and mellotron (unsurprisingly, you guys play really well together), and I love where it all goes. Getting sort of a post-Syd Pink Floyd vibe in the contrast between energetic rocking and the more pastoral breaks. And that trombone was a really nice touch.

A giant of a song - well done, guys!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

BerryPatch

What a song this was to record! Trying to figure out a bass part was such a challenge in certain parts, it's quite a complex sequence of chords! It was fun adding Trombone to this as well as I hadn't touched it in over 2 years (pitch correction particularly helped in making it sound good ;)). I used my Sterling 5 string for the main bass and the uke bass on the folk section. So great to see this song finally posted up after a good 2 or even 3 years of tinkering. I love the fade out!

launched

"The epitome of badassidy!!" - You do the search for the author of that quote here!

What a salt of the earth tune that rattles my brain. This is really, really, really, really good! Well written and played, you come up with the grooves that stick to your head like a chewed up chunk of Bubble Yum. And yes we both love tunes that last for more than three minutes and twenty two seconds because how could you get your point across ultimately.

Keith, my mind is blown, you just blew this away with your bass playing! The groove is killer and the runs are awesome, so excellent I got a runny nose. Seriously I listened to this a bunch of times and you are a man of music.

I will not dote on either one of you anymore. This one is purty fine but you will have to make another. I demand it!

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Thanks for the comments......this one was haunting me for a bit.....when I retired 2 years ago February I came up with these chord progressions, the verse/chorus and the outro chord sequence...I used to play around with the chords on my acoustic over and over (Keith can attest to that, lol)....anyway I tried to write a song with these ideas many times and always stalled and scrapped it over the 2+ years.....but I was haunted by these progressions and kept coming back to them......It finally clicked for me and this song was born...finally.....it feels really good to give life to these ideas I had in the back of my brain and that I was able to get it recorded properly it seems.......this song encompasses a lot of my influences and musical DNA........if you wanted to listen to one song of mine that describes me as a person, this would be it......hehehe...thanks for listening everyone, it makes it all worthwhile doesn't it....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 20, 2023, 02:37:51 PMThanks for the comments......this one was haunting me for a bit.....when I retired 2 years ago February I came up with these chord progressions, the verse/chorus and the outro chord sequence...I used to play around with the chords on my acoustic over and over (Keith can attest to that, lol)....anyway I tried to write a song with these ideas many times and always stalled and scrapped it over the 2+ years.....but I was haunted by these progressions and kept coming back to them......It finally clicked for me and this song was born...finally.....it feels really good to give life to these ideas I had in the back of my brain and that I was able to get it recorded properly it seems.......this song encompasses a lot of my influences and musical DNA........if you wanted to listen to one song of mine that describes me as a person, this would be it......hehehe...thanks for listening everyone, it makes it all worthwhile doesn't it....

well, that makes this even more special.  I think all that difficulty made it even better because the end of it is that the hunger, the passion, the love, and the desire all show up which is what makes the best music imo...

and the guitar work, and bass are stellar... stellar lads.... stellar....

the lyrics are amazing and this is great "our mind is a prison or a palace
you decide.."     this is so true.... so true

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

Big respect for the perseverance to keep going for it and winning out in the end.
You ended up with great track, well done 👏
recorder
Boss BR-80