Sins Of The Father

Started by Bluesberry, April 28, 2023, 05:54:09 PM

Bluesberry

Sins Of The Father (M)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Got a new song out finally....I thought I would go a bit blues rock on this one...of course it got a bit more complex as it went on...lol.....I really had a blast working on this song....Keith added his incredible bass playing (WOW) and piano and he dug out his high school trombone to add some extra punch to the overall sound.....thanks for listening....

Sins Of The Father
written/performed/recorded by Dave Berry, with some awesome assistance from Keith Berry
Dave: lyrics/vocals, electric guitar (Epi SG, Les Paul, Danelectro 57U2), acoustic guitar,
GB drums and keys (organ, synth, mellotron)
Keith: Bass, Korg EPiano and Trombone
recorded on an iPad into Garageband
Every day I climb that mountain in my mind
Just doing the time
Reach the summit, watch the sunset, then close my eyes
Till mornings prize, another day alive

Sleep is forgiveness, the night resolves
Darkness wipes the slate clean
the sins of the Father absolved

You can't drive forward if you're looking
in the rear view mirror...ditch your fear
Don't let the tears of the past flood
the road ahead,
burn your dread, detox your head

Sleep is forgiveness.....sins of the Father absolved

Many paths lead from the foot of the mountain
but at the peak we all drink from the same fountain
If you're blinded with your worries
You can't see the beauty of natures fury

Your mind is a prison or a palace
you decide...when you abide
Sometimes you have to travel a long way
to find what's near
when it appears, it was always here

Sleep is forgiveness.....sins of the Father absolved

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I have not yet got to hear this.  I read the lyrics.  My jaw hit the floor...really really special stuff... will look forward to hearing this soon

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

no way man!  this rocks so hard... starts out with a bang and bangs the whole time... those guitars howl like a lonely coyote on a full moon... yes, the bass is wicked good... this is so out of the world it is space rock, heavenly space rock... I didn't know guitars could sound like this.  shifts into some interesting gears along the way as well... glad I read the lyrics first because otherwise I would have so engrossed in the magnificent music I would have missed them...
far out man.
ps tell Keith I hope his hands survived the heat coming off those bass strings... strong man...strong

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

Just stunning!!

Very proggy stuff with twists and turns!

You've excellent job, a lots of job with composing, arranging and recording. It's not easy but the final result is amazing. A lots of tasty details like keys, trombone and bass line (excellent work, Keith).

Bravo Dave and Keith!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is another corker from you both. Great songwriting , that's some arrangement, I like the chord changes etc. Amazing music. Keith shouldn't be allowed to be so talented haha.
Brilliant.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

thetworegs

Wow! as Darren says this is a real corker of a track excellent lyric love the idea of the morning prize loving the twists and turns in the music

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

godinqc

Great song, really liked the 80's Prog feel to it and the chord change are fantastic.
Great lyrics and songwriting ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

WOW! Great song, Dave. Musicianship is first class and stellar production. Love those bass lines from Keith and some excellent guitar work from yourself.
Ray Brookes

Kenneth

Huge song Dave. You can tell alot of work went into the creating, recording and the lyrics.
You always put out great music. I think it's great that you also have Keith there adding to your tunes.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Zoltan

I'm loving this. I've heard this over and over. In the car. In my dreams. The guitar playing has a slight Gilmoreish vibe to it. All in all the playing is down to the point. No wonder you're called Bluesberry.

Great melodies, strong vocals. Interesting chord chances and production that's filled with swirly goodness.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper