Torpedo bears 313 (LitLR

Started by StephenM, April 25, 2023, 03:50:53 PM

StephenM

Torpedo bears 313
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all....

I have really been listening alot to the whole list lately...it's all brilliant and wonderful... but I really have been listening to the 2Regs alot... and I have been colabing with the wonderful and amazing Hilary for a week or so.... but this was born today....and it comes from dreams and stories and realities from my life from 1978-1998////

blessings...

I did this on the Zoom R24... with the onboard mics in stereo... with my pawn shop Epiphone Humingbird ... and vocal... you can hear me mixing this with the effects changing live .... that was me twidling on the effects which is quite cool on this handy little R24 device

I have submarine dreams sometimes still... it;s ok..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Spooky stuff man......grooving like a flying fish....leaping out of the water to glide over the surface...only to submerge once again into the murk......

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

In honor of USS Scorpion SSN 589 that went down in May of 1968.  She was sunk by the USSR in colab with a spy that helped them figure out what this sub would be doing on it's way home from the Mediteranean ocean heading toward Norfolk, Va. 
So after a valiant 6 minute run, trying in all desperation to outrun the Soviet torpedo the sub and crew were sunk.... the US never admitted it, that it happened that way... but it did... absolutely.

and in retaliation to another event in January of 68 where a Soviet sub sunk after being struck by a US sub...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Pete C

Interesting song, I've never heard that story about the USS Scorpion until now.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

TPB

Never know what I am going to get when I fire up one of your songs this is a good thing nice
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

Quote from: Pete C on April 28, 2023, 02:53:06 PMInteresting song, I've never heard that story about the USS Scorpion until now.

Pete

In all fairness of being open about this there are numerous ideas and even articles and books about how this event took place.  My favorite so far is this one: 
Scorpion Down: Sunk by the Soviets, Buried by the Pentagon: The Untold Story of the USS Scorpion: Offley, Ed: 9780465051861: Amazon.com: Books.

his research was extensive and the testimony of the instructors at sonar school that got ahold of a SOSUS tape of the actual event sealed the deal for me.  Having gone in the Navy 12 years after the event this was a topic of discussion during many hours of time underwater for myself and fellow sailors.  I heard alot of theories on how it happened.  I suppose the US didn't want a world war III on it's hands and in fact had sunk a USSR sub earlier that year in a collision, that was never admited... so it was tit for tat.... unfortunately the men on that boat, after being at sea for some months never made it home alive... I am sure an excruciating 6 minutes trying to evade that torpedo... knowing full well that you won't...
thanks for your interest.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Zoltan

This is probably the fifth time i'm hearing this. The track caught my attention from the get go. If there weren't the introduction of this being LITR i would have tought otherwise. You've really got your sh*t together. To put it midly.

Paying the dues has really paid of. I salute the mighty Stephen!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper