Peace (StephenM & Hilary)

Started by Hilary, April 25, 2023, 01:36:28 PM

Hilary

Peace (1)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi everyone,

StephenM sent me this backer and this is what transpired. Thanks very much for this Stephen.

I couldn't quite fit all the lyrics in so here are the original words in their entirety (they are my words):

All we truly want is peace
Peace in our heart, peace in our mind
Peace for our brothers and sisters, peace for mankind
How do we go about working for peace
It starts with our inner self, our self-belief
It starts with a true voice that must be heard
It starts with individuality, not following the herd

It starts with a faith in oneself and the divine
It starts with a freedom to let our light shine
It starts with a knowing of all things sincere
It starts with us letting go of the yesteryear
It starts this very minute for you and I
It starts in the moment for we must try

How do we go about working for peace
When we stand before God with an open heart
This is the only place to start
When the desire for mankind replaces the desire for self
Our prayer is heard, above all else

Peace in our heart, peace in our mind
Peace for our brothers and sisters, peace for mankind
Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

StephenM

"All we truly want is peace."

Hilary mesmerizes me.  Her voice, her charisma, her brilliance!!!  Once in a great while you find a wonderful gemstone in the mines of this earth....Hilary is that for me.... she absolutely floors me with her voice and lyrics.... it is of such joy that we have done our third colab.... so each year we have managed one. 
This music track started with a desire to drum better.  I practiced this kick drum and hi hat (that is the only drums on this...kick and hi hat) over and over for days... hours... until I could rock this...
then I recorded this with the guitars and bass... deleted it... all of it.. and started over.
I wanted to get TIGHT! 

bravo to Hilary.... she is amazing!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Wickedly amazing ....seriously..WOW......I am in rapt attention......incredible music Steve.....and I mean incredible....it's got the deal...and that's a beautiful vocal Hilary....so tight and strangely sweet.......absolutely killer music....goodness.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kenneth

Oooooh, this is great! Love the layered vocals Hilary. Steve, that groove is great. Cool chords too!
One heck of a collab here... do it again please!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Zoltan

Stephen & Hilary walking in the grooves of Isaac Hayes / Stax of the 70s and contributing a strong statement for peace.

I can dig it!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

The only thing missing is a little wah wah pedal work in the lead section no just kidding great collab guys everything is tight and in its place love the bass line and the vocal is so so nice
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

A great track, H. The backer is so tight and well played and your vocal is the icing on the cake. Love those eerie vocal harmonies and cool lyrics. Well done to you both.
Ray Brookes

kenny mac

Drums are excellent, tight as a drum.
Great groove.
Very professional sounding.
Hilary is on top form,great harmonisation.
This could have been written by Billy Brag for kirsty maccoll.
Brilliant colab.

launched

Well what do we have here kiddies! Full on yummy, I love it. Seriously developed and appreciate the care taken to make me the listener compelled to get absorbed in this groove. Already had a couple listens, there are some good things in the song to keep revisiting.

Yes, the vocals/harmonies are badass and well recorded! Nice mix and some decent artifacts pop in here and there. Cool lyrics too. And Stephen, I don't know where you are vibing all this sweet music from but keep doing it! Yes, if you are not happy with something give it another shot, it always works every time!

I love collaborations and this is one of my faves, it truly rocks!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Frank53

Mesmerizing chant-like vocal and meaningful lyrics.
The excellent backer provides a great foundation for this.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.