Orchid Faded Sky 2.0

Started by Farrell Jackson, April 22, 2023, 09:39:11 AM

StephenM

I have heard this more than 10 times now and I am sticking with my first obs... one of my favorite bands, in the late 80's and into the early 90's (Rush) went into a sound direction such as this... and I bloody loved it.... however this ain't exactly that... the guitars and bass and drums most certainly are... but not vocally... that is all you man... but forget the comps, they don't matter.... this is a great tune ...
PERIOD! END OF STORY!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: launched on April 24, 2023, 09:11:20 PMI am pretty moved by this one, and will not be disrespectful with expletives combined with silly banter. Simon says all the way. And that fake ending, loved that. Perfect music with awesome doubled/panned vox.

Just keep it down Marky boy. You can do it.

Wait... Simon said something. I have to break my promise, this is too good.

Fuck yeah this rocks!!!! Naked through the streets with headphones on rockin'!

I'm an idiot, but the song is awesome - Well done guys

well, I am too... so we can be IDioT's together... because. u reck og nize like me .... this frigin track ROCKS....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Incredible track gents........love it...fantastic vocal

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

TPB

tempo to get me going in the morning and yes I loved your vocals on this one I think I too shall run naked in the streets see what you started lol
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Frank53

Wow, Farrell. I had to go dig out the old CD to hear the original version again.
This is a fantastic modernization. Harry really nailed the music track. Great rocker and excellent vocals.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

cuthbert

As I was listening, I kept thinking the title and lyrics were somehow familiar. I did a search here and found the original, which was your intro here!

This version is quite different than the original - more of a full-blown 80s-style arrangement, with some very cinematic touches. I could picture this version as a James Bond-style theme song. Excellent work on the new music from H. Dreschel, and your recut vocals and mixing.

Well done, gentlemen!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Redler

I really like the backers, a lots of stuff and everything has put well together!

Farrell's voice is always a pleasure to hear, great lyrics, too! The double voice is icing on the cake!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR