Old and Cranky (Adult Themed)

Started by StephenM, April 19, 2023, 08:16:40 PM

StephenM

Old and Cranky
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Some adult themed lyrics so a bit of caution.  It's not brutal but I won't play it at church lets say... lol

so lately I have been in a weird music place, ok, nothing abnormal there.  Really though I do wonder why I gravitate to the kinds of music I do play.  Mostly I think it's about having fun doing something that doesn't matter at all to how the world turns out.  Everybody has a cause or a campaign.  Mine is just doing stuff that doesn't matter. 

this is all Direct Input and mixed entirely on the Zoom L-20.  I am not great at eq ing vocals on the Zoom though so that is some bit of downfall...

I mastered this with Masterdesk..... it's easy to use and I like the way it looks.

I really do like the drums mostly on this... and the kind of surf vibe?  could be 60's...

and one last disclaimer.... this song has nothing, almost nothing to do with my wife.... she would not exactly like this.... I tried to explain to her that songwriters often, and me almost always, have absolutely no personal meaning to the songs they write.... it's just lyrics on the page and they apply to who ever, however...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

I must have listened to this about 6 times on the bounce while having an early morning cup of tea...what a great way to start the day. I love that surf guitar riff that carries the song,then after that it seems anything can happen. Seems full of spontaneity and ad libs..I love the way you throw in a spoken line here and there, and the backing vocals. Reminds me of the late 70's and those wacky US bands like the B52s and Devo !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

I'm not yet qualified to comment on this, but i heard it. Stephen... You naughty boy! :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Mike_S

Yes I am getting a bit of that surf style guitar, a bit 60's maybe. What I am getting from this is just your not giving a shit what others think and that is such a good thing. I think you may have inspired me here listening to this as I know my own stuff is much more restrictive - I really must try and let go a bit more. Lots of fun here and I love the loose arrangement. No rules, just damn fine jamming and loads of fun too.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Great rhythm like a surf tune on acid ...hanky panky acid ... now that sounds fun apart from she's old and cranky

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Bluesberry

Inspired and infused with life and funny moments along the way.........it's authentic and slightly breathtaking in its shiny goodness....I love it for sure........everything is in its place in this weird little universe that you have conjured

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand