You Can Call Me

Started by Ron D Bowes, April 17, 2023, 04:27:57 AM

Ron D Bowes

You Can Call Me
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I had all my tracks sorted for my new album. Order decided. Just some mixing and mastering tweaks to do. Then the muse fell on me and I came up with this track. I am so pleased with this one that it's going on the album and I have pulled a track to make way for this one!!

StephenM

I am pleased to hear this too Ron.  that intro is awesome... then right into your bangin vocals and those Rolling Stones like backing vocals... it's got an infectious groove and drives right into my noggin.....

love the mix and the guitar tones.. cool effects on the voices too.

I was looking around for the phone at the end... then I remembered... I don't have one that sounds like that now

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

bruno

This sounds great. The only thing I would say is that the stops are a little too abruptly silent. I wonder if a reverb trail would be useful??? But that's minor, its a great sounding recording. What did you use for the solo sound? Sounds like a heavy fuzz?
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ron D Bowes

Quote from: bruno on April 17, 2023, 07:28:28 AMThis sounds great. The only thing I would say is that the stops are a little too abruptly silent. I wonder if a reverb trail would be useful??? But that's minor, its a great sounding recording. What did you use for the solo sound? Sounds like a heavy fuzz?
B

I used a behringer Ultra Metal pedal on my Tele.
 I think I have sorted the drums out and I have taken the volume of my "phone" voice down a couple of notches.

Johnbee

It sounded like a gate to me in the intro, but I was hearing the same thing in the abruptness.  I agree that a reverb would benefit there.  As far as the song, it's great, as always. Everything fits together nicely.  The phone ringing at the end is very effective.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

thetworegs

Good job the muse caught you...loving those backing vocals great riff loved the fuzzy tone on that solo  great track

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

This song has all of the best of you Ron! Great songwriting, performances, recording, mix and mastering. The guitars work is impressive as are all of the vocals. Overall, it has a very pro/polished sound. A good choice to include it on the new album.

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

This is one of the best I have heard of yours, Ron. Great track and a worthy addition to the album.
Ray Brookes

SE

Yes this cool, just an excellent  recording and performance worthy of a spot on you album!
recorder
Boss BR-80

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Another hit for your collection Ron. It's a really great song and like the theme for the lyrics.
Awesome music mate and vocals as always
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.