There's Got To Be A Better Way

Started by Mike_S, April 15, 2023, 03:14:13 PM

Mike_S

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

NewsFest (banner image missing)

News Fest

Reference: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11948855/ChatGPT-falsely-accuses-law-professor-SEX-ATTACK-against-students.html

This was a fiddly one. So I wanted to do something a bit more challenging as a good few of my last posts have been simple strummy things. And I do like weirder things too, so this is what I aimed for.

Messed with my head a bit couldn't make up my mind if I was putting too many things into it. but like ORH says, it is what it is.

The idea for the fest was taken from a story that scared the shit out of me. So Ai is now at a stage where it can pump out "news" stories that can falsely accuse people of things like sexual assault. Great, thanks all you Ai developers!

There's Got To Be A Better Way.mp3

Accusations fly
Panic sets in
Within the minds
Of everyone

Loss of control
To the machine
That has no conscience
That has no life
And has no soul

Is there anything we can do
Is it too late to stop this thing
That we made
With our own hands
There's got to be
A better way

We have evolved
Beyond our worth
We masterminded
Our own fall

Now all we do
Is hold it back
It doesn't need us
It doesn't need us anymore

Is it too late to stop this thing
That we made
With our own hands
There's got to be
A better way

————————

Break

————————

There's got to be a better way

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kenneth

I like it Mike. First thought was that Alice in Chains song that came out a few years back. Can't remember the name. I like the jangle and haunting guitars. The lyrics are on point and highlight one of the *many* fears around today.
Good tune. Oh, and the vocals are great too.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Bluesberry

Yes, it's a bit grungy...I get the Alice in Chains comparison, and they were the greatest of all those grunge bands.....there is a heaviness to this....world weary.......muddy and bloody.......yet we are still in the fight........spooky even......there is a stark brutal beauty to this.....fabulous in fact

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

This has great a vibe, just loving the incessant driving bass and jangly guitar.
This is just a cool song, enjoyed it lots!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ray Brookes

I agree with John - this song has a great vibe that drives along just right. Cool lyrics that compliment the unsettling chord structure. This is one of my favourites I have heard of yours, Mike. 
Ray Brookes

chapperz66

Great song,Mike. Disturbing chord movement and driving movement which supports a fine vocal.

Really cool.

Paul.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

You're spot on with the fear of where AI is heading..what a story.
And what a song, just brilliant Mike. The chords are great, the vibe, love all the guitars, rhythm and lead.
Great lyrics and vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Pete C

Great song Mike, love the vocals and backer. Worrying subject too -

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

yes Mike, I will sum up all the comments in this:  THIS IS BRILLIANT!

I have listened to alot of your music and participated in some as well... so as I say this I do not remember ever hearing backing vocals like this... they are amazing!

that lead guitar reminds me of that haunting guitar on "the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot.  It's something I have heard a bit before sometimes in your work... but it always makes me go... "where does this come from?"  I can't find the answer in my head...

the lyrical content in this is way off the charts...

we all need to keep our survival packs ready... what a song

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

"It doesn't need us anymore"
Mike S

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder